Scion tC Forums banner

My Ride

197K views 4K replies 89 participants last post by  Nickifer 
#1 ·
I've wanted a tC for a very long time... when my parents seriously went shopping for a car, we had agreed on a corolla. Then my dad found this for a great deal, and we immediately bought it :D

09 Scion tC

What I've done...

installed OEM style spoiler
painted rims
blue LEDs for DRLs

What I'm planning...

-painted logos (black)
-custom padding for wind deflector (to stop creaking)
-TRD lowering springs
-TRD rear sway bar
-Fog lights in grill
-Oznium Superflux blue LEDs wired into cabin (4, one for each passenger's foot space)
-white license plate LEDs
-Oznium full third brake light (dark smoked)
-Oznium white dome lights
-Window tint on all 5 windows (80% on front 2, 50% on back 3 - california law says at least 70% on front)
-Light spray tint on brake lights
-Some sort of exhaust.. nothing ricey, just a nice low growl. (I don't know much about exhausts, so does anyone know where to find some good information for tCs? Or am I sounding nooby just asking? lol... Wikipedia and other sites don't really explain well to me)
-Five Axis or TRD ground effects body kit, unless anyone has better suggestions?
-Vertical doors
-new license plate
-IRON MAIDEN decal
-hydralisk decal

Unfortunately, it's auto (my mom can't drive stick, and pulled the "in an emergency..." card), but I still love it!

What do you guys think? Any comments or whatever? I'm pretty new to cars, but I'm a quick learner, and want to know everything I can.

See less See more
#58 ·
QUOTE (Nickifer @ Sep 13 2009, 04:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=492307
sick. im diggin' the VRD grilles with the blacked out tc logo. good job on the stockies too!
needs somes TINT!!!!!![/b]
Heh, thanks. Fog lights, HIDs, and tint are next up on my list, so it should be coming soon. I'm going to get an all around 35%, along with some kind of tint on the mirror signals and lightly on the tail lights. I haven't decided whether to spray them or use vinyl... If I end up using vinyl, I would get eyelid overlays as well.

VRD and Fig are almost the same, but VRD is more square.

Fig:

VRD:

#60 ·
Meh, if you wanna do it, do it.

Mine came with one. Lol.

#62 ·
Ur tC looks almost exactly the same as mine did 2 months ago. The only difference is I have a lip kit.

In other words. Lookin good! haha

#66 ·
QUOTE (hydralover @ Sep 14 2009, 01:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=492379
What do you guys think of putting the TRD emblem in place of the "tC" in the rear?

[/b]

dude i got the round old school TRD emblem to replaced the scion one. and i love it!

#68 ·
#71 ·
QUOTE (bugalking @ Sep 15 2009, 09:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=492796
alright! i got you the shot![/b]
lol looking good! That IS oldschool...

QUOTE (SoCal Tc @ Sep 15 2009, 09:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=492799
hydra nice roof spoiler ;)[/b]
Thanks, I copied Doc on that one, and it turns out pretty well. The roof spoiler actually scrapes the back sunroof when the hatch is all the way up, but it's not that big of a deal. I actually haven't moved the sunroof since I installed the roof spoiler, so I don't know what it looks like with the other positions :unsure:

#75 ·
QUOTE (Nickifer @ Sep 21 2009, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=493897
Ouch. what happened to the side of ur seat? Did it get caught in the raiser-lowering lever? Lovin' the grills.[/b]
Heh, that's just a seat cover. When my dad bought me the car, he told me that I had to take care of it. To him, that mean buying 1) a seat cover and 2) a dashboard cover. It's not so bad, even though it doesn't fit perfectly. I've grown to like it, though I still miss the stock suede from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.