Scion tC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 3734 Posts

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
QUOTE (Scion08 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=480083
btw im pretty sure its illegal to have any tint on your front windows in California.[/b]
Driver windows are 70%, back 3 are anything goes.

I'm debating whether to just get tint on the front anyway...Do you guys think it's worth it to tint the front windows at the risk of getting pulled over and ticketed?

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
QUOTE (james4234 @ Jul 26 2009, 05:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=480194
i like the silver edge around the wheels and the headlights. gotta love that blue[/b]
Heh, thanks. I spent a lot of time and effort on those rims, so it's always nice to hear compliments.

I also replaced the dome light with a blue LED.. I'll snap a picture later.

edit: blurry, cause my camera sucks at nighttime shooting.

It's actually alot brighter than it seems...

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jul 25 2009, 02:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=480089
QUOTE (Scion08 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=480083
btw im pretty sure its illegal to have any tint on your front windows in California.[/b]
Driver windows are 70%, back 3 are anything goes.

I'm debating whether to just get tint on the front anyway...Do you guys think it's worth it to tint the front windows at the risk of getting pulled over and ticketed?
[/b][/quote]

You can always get a note from your Optometrist for Tint. At least in Michigan if you have a note from your eye doc it's technically legal. I got a fix-it ticket from a MI State Cop and showed the ticket and scrip to one of the local cops and he just signed off on the ticket. No tint removal needed :)

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
QUOTE (CandleJack13 @ Aug 4 2009, 10:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=482131
You can always get a note from your Optometrist for Tint. At least in Michigan if you have a note from your eye doc it's technically legal. I got a fix-it ticket from a MI State Cop and showed the ticket and scrip to one of the local cops and he just signed off on the ticket. No tint removal needed :)[/b]
What did you say to your optometrist? :naughty:

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
QUOTE (hydralover @ Aug 5 2009, 02:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=482135
QUOTE (CandleJack13 @ Aug 4 2009, 10:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=482131
You can always get a note from your Optometrist for Tint. At least in Michigan if you have a note from your eye doc it's technically legal. I got a fix-it ticket from a MI State Cop and showed the ticket and scrip to one of the local cops and he just signed off on the ticket. No tint removal needed :)[/b]
What did you say to your optometrist? :naughty:
[/b][/quote]

"Hey i need a ticket for my tint or i'm going to have to pay to have something removed that i paid to have put on. Hook me up?"

And i picked it up the next day :p The guy's an old friend's dad so i had that going for me which was nice.
I had a friend have the same problem and his doc wouldn't write him a scrip so i told him to go to Sears and get an eye exam and a tint scrip there too. Worked just peachy haha.

·
Ignorance-intolerant
7,695 Posts
However i just found THIS that says in CA, "State law does NOT allow medical exemptions that would allow you use special tint." :( Plus you guys have to have pretty regular vehicle inspections don't you? So they'd probably screw you over there. Though i have heard of people getting inspections and no one mentioned a thing. I guess it's just luck of the draw i guess...like when i showed the tint ticket i got from a state cop to the local cop he literally laughed because he thought it was stupid. Some cops just care others don't i guess...

·
Registered
513 Posts
you should have made it glossy to match the car.
the flat black ain't crackin imo.
u n cali? tint 30 on sides and 5% on the rear.
it looks clean!

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
QUOTE (stylezjunTC09 @ Aug 30 2009, 07:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=489422
you should have made it glossy to match the car.
the flat black ain't crackin imo.
u n cali? tint 30 on sides and 5% on the rear.
it looks clean![/b]
Hmmm... Glossy, huh. I should try that when it comes time to repaint the rims. Thanks for the idea.

Yup, I'm in SoCal. I'm planning on an all around 35%.

QUOTE (Jérémie @ Aug 30 2009, 08:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=489435
I've seen better looking blacks, hydralover.
Have you waxed recently or not?[/b]
I waxed it just before taking these pics... what do you mean?

21 - 40 of 3734 Posts