Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3734 Posts

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted a tC for a very long time... when my parents seriously went shopping for a car, we had agreed on a corolla. Then my dad found this for a great deal, and we immediately bought it :D

09 Scion tC

What I've done...

installed OEM style spoiler
painted rims
blue LEDs for DRLs

What I'm planning...

-painted logos (black)
-custom padding for wind deflector (to stop creaking)
-TRD lowering springs
-TRD rear sway bar
-Fog lights in grill
-Oznium Superflux blue LEDs wired into cabin (4, one for each passenger's foot space)
-white license plate LEDs
-Oznium full third brake light (dark smoked)
-Oznium white dome lights
-Window tint on all 5 windows (80% on front 2, 50% on back 3 - california law says at least 70% on front)
-Light spray tint on brake lights
-Some sort of exhaust.. nothing ricey, just a nice low growl. (I don't know much about exhausts, so does anyone know where to find some good information for tCs? Or am I sounding nooby just asking? lol... Wikipedia and other sites don't really explain well to me)
-Five Axis or TRD ground effects body kit, unless anyone has better suggestions?
-Vertical doors
-new license plate
-IRON MAIDEN decal
-hydralisk decal

Unfortunately, it's auto (my mom can't drive stick, and pulled the "in an emergency..." card), but I still love it!

What do you guys think? Any comments or whatever? I'm pretty new to cars, but I'm a quick learner, and want to know everything I can.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Mr. Deep @ Jul 15 2009, 10:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=478164
the chrome lip makes the wheels look smaller :-/ ne ways. welcome to the site. ask questions! but search first :)[/b]
Do they? Hmm.. that's a new one, lol. You're right, the wheels look kinda small. I think it's just the camera angle/pic. They look better in real life.

Yeah, the almighty search function :innocent: I'm a mod on another forum (airsoftforum, or ASF), so I know the drill. I've been searching around the board for info alot the past couple weeks, but it's quite different from ASF. There's no pinned topics that go over the basics for stuff... I know there's an "information" page, but it's not really what I'm looking for in terms of information, lol.

can i not edit my original post? it's only been a few hours...

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome and good luck...

Your vertical door idea is going to suck bad. I have never seen anyone put them on a tC and have it work out good. A lot of modding is needed and a lot of rubbing occurs and problems presist. On that same note let me mention that they are extremely lame.

I don't really think the ground effect kits do the car much justice. Everytime I see one on a tC it looks pretty bad. I mean they look good in picture but then when you see them on the road your like uhhh it looks like a corolla.

I have grill fog lights and I like them but they kinda limit you. If you ever decide to install an intercooler you are screwed and pretty much every after market grille doesn't support them. I think VRDs are a better way to go if you didn't get your fogs from the dealership as an added bonus like I did.

The TRD exhaust sounds the best in my opinion. It doesn't get annoying like most exhaust do over time. It is clean looking on the car and doesn't rice the car. When your car starts looking like a honda civic its time to quit. Speaking of which I saw a ridiculous accord last night when I went to dave and busters. 3 Different color parts on the car; a ####ty hood with vents that were primed to appear like carbon fiber.. and lastly daul exhaust... one of the exhaust was left hanging due to the zip tie they used breaking and it was actually touching the ground so when the guy drove by small spark came from grinding. Heres some pictures...

Anyway have a good time here.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
30 minute editing time is sorta lame... but whatever.

Hmm... does anyone else have any opinions on the lambo doors? I'm completely open to suggestions/opinions.

What other body kits look good? I've only come across 10 or so, and I feel like I haven't found them all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good thing they found a deal on the tc compared to getting a corolla. haha

If you do springs, I'd go with new trd struts too, worth the money to get both at once imo. the trd sway bar is a big difference, I say make that one of your next mods haha.

I have the magnaflow catback exhaust, its awesome, its not loud and ricey, but not quiet either, perfect sound imo. If you have the $$ I'd go for it, TRD exhaust doesn't seem worth the $$ it is.

Also a noticebale quick fix is changing the ugly long antenna on tc's, get a s2k(honda s2000) antenna.

The oem ground effects kit would be my choice, or if you want to spend the time get a rs1 lip kit, gotta get it painted but looks nice too.

Welcome to the site

·
Registered
220 Posts
IMO, the RS1 front lip looks funny :yuck: because of their side vents in addtion to your car's existing fake side vents. That's why I like my OEM ground effects kit better. And no, my car doesn't look like a Corolla at all. <_<

And please don't get stupid lambo doors.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (SoCal Tc @ Jul 16 2009, 11:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=478255
nice start, but any thing higher than 35% tint isn't worth it imo[/b]
Hm... I just don't want to get pulled over for tint. Does anyone else have any opinions on tint percentages?

QUOTE (kamikozze55 @ Jul 16 2009, 01:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=478286
Good thing they found a deal on the tc compared to getting a corolla. haha

If you do springs, I'd go with new trd struts too, worth the money to get both at once imo. the trd sway bar is a big difference, I say make that one of your next mods haha.

I have the magnaflow catback exhaust, its awesome, its not loud and ricey, but not quiet either, perfect sound imo. If you have the $$ I'd go for it, TRD exhaust doesn't seem worth the $$ it is.

Also a noticebale quick fix is changing the ugly long antenna on tc's, get a s2k(honda s2000) antenna.

The oem ground effects kit would be my choice, or if you want to spend the time get a rs1 lip kit, gotta get it painted but looks nice too.

Welcome to the site[/b]
Well, I read that the stock struts can hold up fine for quite some time after dropping in the TRD springs. Struts are also alot more expensive >.<

Why is the magnaflow better than the TRD?

Yeah, I was going to add an antennae to my list, but I can't edit, lol. Why recommend the S2k antenna over an antenna made for a tc? (quick google search --> http://www.killertc.com/catalog/Agency-Pow...C-p-16794.html)

It seems that OEM ground effects and 5-axis are popular. What other body kits are reputable/non-ricey?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah the stock struts can hold up for a long while, with the struts and springs thats the + suspension upgrade, but if you are just looking at looks and not performance then yeah go just for springs.

Magnaflow's exhaust is a catback, not axelback, so you get rid of all the stock exhaust past the cat. it gives you the "increased performance" of an exhaust compared to axelback, which isn't much at all but axelback you gain 0. So like with the struts, if you are looking just for style then TRD is fine but because of its awkward shape shipping is costly for it, ends up being expensive, only $50 less then what the magnaflow is from all the trd selling parts sites I've seen.

Well for one thing, killertc is a rip off, so don't buy stuff there, second the s2k antenna has just been the ideal choice for tc owners, because it's a easy, 100% fit on our cars, I learned about it reading many posts about it on here. When I went to a honda dealer to buy mine the guy asked me: "tc owner?" so it happens a lot. ha

I don't know much about body kits, not a big thing for me, I just plan to get the oem, so hopefully someone can help you there.

This is all my opinions though so customize it the way you want, haha. the mod bug is fun though so have fun with the car.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QUOTE (kamikozze55 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=478550
Yeah the stock struts can hold up for a long while, with the struts and springs thats the + suspension upgrade, but if you are just looking at looks and not performance then yeah go just for springs.

Magnaflow's exhaust is a catback, not axelback, so you get rid of all the stock exhaust past the cat. it gives you the "increased performance" of an exhaust compared to axelback, which isn't much at all but axelback you gain 0. So like with the struts, if you are looking just for style then TRD is fine but because of its awkward shape shipping is costly for it, ends up being expensive, only $50 less then what the magnaflow is from all the trd selling parts sites I've seen.

Well for one thing, killertc is a rip off, so don't buy stuff there, second the s2k antenna has just been the ideal choice for tc owners, because it's a easy, 100% fit on our cars, I learned about it reading many posts about it on here. When I went to a honda dealer to buy mine the guy asked me: "tc owner?" so it happens a lot. ha

I don't know much about body kits, not a big thing for me, I just plan to get the oem, so hopefully someone can help you there.

This is all my opinions though so customize it the way you want, haha. the mod bug is fun though so have fun with the car.[/b]
Yeah, it's auto, so I'm just going to make it look nice.

I see what you're saying about the exhaust, thanks for clearing it up.

Yeah, I figured killertc wasn't a very good site (quick google searches never yield the best results), but it was the first link :p

can anyone link me to an antenna replacement guide? or just walk me through it real quick...

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE (stylezjunTC09 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=480078
should of just got the the antenna off of www.handa.com but good luck on your product :)

leds off ebay? good luck again.

should of went to superbrightleds.com or whatever it was..[/b]
Well, I got it for 13 bucks.

The eBay LEDs aren't so bad, and they're super cheap. It's simple to replace, too. :ph34r:

1 - 20 of 3734 Posts