Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have dc sport headers and full exhaust + im on 19 inch wheels.

i raced my friends integra GSR with headers and beat him by a car.
my other friends ek9 hatch with a GSR motor in it with intake and exhaust and we stayed door to door and i pulled on him on 4th gear.
i raced my friends 05 rsx-s he has intake and full exhaust that was MURDER cuz he got me by atleast 15 cars (he beats s2000 and g35's so dont wonder why these 05 rsx-s are real serious).
raced my friend 05 civic si got him by atleast 3-4 cars.
another 05 si but he has intake headers and full exhaust we raced in the rain (which was real stupid cuz i didnt grip till 4th gear and i still got him by half a car).

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
welcome to the site. you running with the cel on because of the headers, or did you get around it?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
How do you personally feel about the effect of the header on the car's sound signature?

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by hilow4343@Jul 28 2005, 08:35 PM
actually headers gave me nice gains and so did the s-pipe..but when i did the full exhaust i lost alot of lowend which kinda sucked...
Full exhaust; like the kits offered by Creative Compacts . com? Which exhaust did you go with; Magnaflow, FlowMaster or Borla?

Sorry if I'm bugging you with a lot of questions but I hope you understand I'm out to avoid losing bottom-end since I drive mostly in the NY metropolitan area and low-end grunt is important to me--I'd like to learn from your wisdom if possible.

Thank you!!!

-Ed

EDIT: Btw, Welcome to the forum!

EDIT2: Oh yeah, could you please let me know about the effect of the sound if possible from the header/s-pipe upgrade? If you did all of it at once along with the exhaust, nevermind then--too hard to tell which part did what. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did custom 2.5 mandrel bent piping from s-pipe back. i have no cats just a magnaflow resonator to muffle sound. if your looking into some lower end get a highflow cat with it all the company selling exhaust systems offer it. and as for sound my car is extremely loud its annoying but w/e makes power. i lost lower end but gained a sweet amount of mid range/top end so its ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.