At the Dealer:
Front view:

Side View:

Rear View:

Odometer:

1st Mod at home:

larger version of rear with longhorn decal
Dash at night:

I'm getting it tinted tomorrow and have ordered the parts in my sig already from http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com Will post before and after pics of all my installs. Also, getting some Zaino soon, and will post some before and after pics that TCrazy should like

·
Registered
223 Posts
I thought you guys in texas had to run front plates, too?

Well, I can't remember. Its been a few months since I last went there.

Great looking car, though. If they didn't have black, I was going to try to get the flint. Good choice.

late

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by joshmoney@Sep 7 2004, 05:15 PM
I thought you guys in texas had to run front plates, too?
We do, but it's not enforced that strictly

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I was under the impression that in california, if there is not a place to put the plate you dont need the plate. No drill holes... no place to put a plate.... get it?

Oh, welcome to the site and nice car. Black could be my very favorite tC color.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Sep 7 2004, 06:28 PM
I was under the impression that in california, if there is not a place to put the plate you dont need the plate. No drill holes... no place to put a plate.... get it?
If that's the case, I'm very mad at you guys at Maita for drilling into my car!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo+Sep 7 2004, 07:44 PM-->QUOTE (Wolo @ Sep 7 2004, 07:44 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-moriarty
@Sep 7 2004, 06:28 PM
[/b]
LOL... Join the "I didn't want my dealer to drill holes on my beautiful tC bumper Club!"

In Cali, I think you are required to have front plates no matter if you have holes drilled or not. If you have no holes... the dealers are supposed to drill them. But then again... my dealer asked me whether or not I wanted holes... and I told them "NO" but the detailer guy or whoever the stupid idiot was drilled them anyways. I believe the first ticket a cop gives you is a fix it ticket ... 10 bucks. The second one you get is a real ticket. At least thats what I was told. Can anyone confirm??

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
[hijack]
Originally posted by Wolo+Sep 7 2004, 06:44 PM-->QUOTE (Wolo @ Sep 7 2004, 06:44 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-moriarty
@Sep 7 2004, 06:28 PM
[/b]
all you had to do was ask.

the reality is some times they pdi the thing b/4 we can get to it. We have learned that we really need to micro-manage our outgoing tC. I am sure service dreads the days that a new tC hits the lot. [/hijack]

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Hey, not everyone can be a (#3) Georgia alumnus. Go Dawgs!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are the before and after tint pics:

Edit: It's 35% on the sides and 15% on the rear.

The reason the Longhorn decal is missing is because I'm debating whether or not to debadge the tC logo... The chrome of the longhorn doesn't really match the pewter of the scion or tC badge. So maybe the 18k won't be wasted after all

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ooh...looks nice, what % did you get?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Nice car! Looks very similar to mine..

·
Registered
999 Posts
What is with people and the Rear Bumper Applique? Anyone have any pictures with it on?

As for the front license plates, it is required in California unless you were issued only one license plate, but that only applies to motorcycle people since they get only one plate.

No need to drill, and very easy to remove.
http://eight08customs.com/licenseplatebracket.html
Set you back 15 dollars however.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I bought one of those frames from Eight08Customs, and aside from the fact that I'm kinda annoyed because it's 50 cents' worth of bolts and washers from a hardware store, it should work fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by SilverX@Sep 8 2004, 04:38 PM
What is with people and the Rear Bumper Applique? Anyone have any pictures with it on?
I will have pics once I get it in the mail next week....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts