Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my black sand pearl 2006 Scion Tc today. Dealer got it in 5 days earlier then originally estimated.

I've driven the car a whole 10 miles and love it.

I think they messed up though. When I arrived to sign papers they were installing the stereo. I think they put an '05 model in instead of the '06! I have the stereo controls on the steering wheel but the stereo itself has push button volume instead of the '06 turn dial. I'm taking it back in to the dealership later this week to have it replaced.

The car (going to have the windows tinted soon):

The Stereo:

Am I right? Did they screw up?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice pics btw.. your soo lucky u got your car in, i have to wait 1 more freakin week!!, update us on how the transactoin goes with getting the 06 stereo, ne more pics?

edit: is your car lowered?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not soo fast!

First of all, there is a simple test you can perform to tell if your car is an '06.

Open the driver's side door and open the hood. There should be a sticker saying what model year you have. Also, you should have gotten your "window sticker" telling you what you have factory installed. This "sticker" also tells you what model year it is.

The '06 doesn't, I repeat DOES NOT, come with a volume control knob. It comes with that annoying +/- buttons. I have an '06 so I should know.

About the dealer installing your stereo unit when you arrived...

More than likely, when you got your new car (earlier than expected, like me) your dealership purchased your car from another dealership. When I went to test-drive the tC for the first time, it didn't come with the stereo unit in it. A lot of times, dealers do this... I have no idea why.

Hope all that helps without you having to heckle with your dealership.

P.S. ~ Didn't your paperwork (the stuff you signed for) say a 2006 at the top?

Let us know what you find out.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by coolhandluke@Aug 2 2005, 11:30 PM
The '06 doesn't, I repeat DOES NOT, come with a volume control knob. It comes with that annoying +/- buttons. I have an '06 so I should know.
Sorry dude but you got screwed as well. You have an 05 head unit if you have volume buttons. All 2006 tCs have a volume control knob whether or not you get the iPod upgrade.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I am sure it is a 2006, I just double checked. I knew it was an '06 anyways because it has radio controls on the steering wheel.

I had no idea it was an '05 radio until I watched the interactive cd drivers manual. On there it shows you how to do all sorts of fine tuning to your sound system and it kept showing/talking about a turn knob and all the pictures did not look like my head unit.

I should hear back from the dealer sometime tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

No the car is not lowered WAHCHING. It's completely stock. All I really want to do to it is get the windows tinted a bit.

Here are a few more pics those asking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Halewafa@Aug 2 2005, 11:17 PM
Thats a very nice ride. I have a question... do the scions come with any floor matts at all?
The Tc doesn't. You can order them but they are like $145 from the dealer as an accessory. I bought the exact same thing from an online retailer for $85 shipped.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by scion_guy+Aug 2 2005, 11:26 PM-->QUOTE (scion_guy @ Aug 2 2005, 11:26 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Halewafa
@Aug 2 2005, 11:17 PM
Thats a very nice ride. I have a question... do the scions come with any floor matts at all?
The Tc doesn't. You can order them but they are like $145 from the dealer as an accessory. I bought the exact same thing from an online retailer for $85 shipped. [/b]
got a website?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
coolhandluke and scion_guy,

The standard radio for 2006 should have the volume knob instead of the +/- button. This came with my 2006 tc. You 2 should get back to your dealers and tell them about this. BTW, cool car, scion_guy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yes, i am confirming like everyone else that the '06 hu should have the volume control knob. if the dealer can put an '05 hu in ur car they'll do it. my friend and i ordered our cars at the same time, his arrived a few days before mines, his has the '05 hu, mines has the '06 hu, my other friend told him to take it back, i haven't heard from him yet. this has happened to a lot of people, i guess they have some '05 hu laying around.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I have the exact same problem. http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5363 I didn't notice I had the wrong one until I saw the interactive CD either, but I still didn't think too much about it then, until I tried to change the welcome message, and I had to use the 2005 instructions instead of the 2006. I e-mailed my salesman a few days ago, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna try to call later today, and if I can't get through, I'm gonna start calling some higher-ups at Scion.

Good luck with trying to get it straightened out. Hopefully it'll be easier for you. heh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by lucidspoon@Aug 3 2005, 08:36 AM
I have the exact same problem. http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5363 I didn't notice I had the wrong one until I saw the interactive CD either, but I still didn't think too much about it then, until I tried to change the welcome message, and I had to use the 2005 instructions instead of the 2006. I e-mailed my salesman a few days ago, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna try to call later today, and if I can't get through, I'm gonna start calling some higher-ups at Scion.

Good luck with trying to get it straightened out. Hopefully it'll be easier for you. heh
Keep us up-to-date. I'd like to hear how your experience turns out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok, so I went to my dealership today.

It was an '05 stereo unit. They swapped it out for the '06 with the volume control knob!

I also learned something more...

When the dealership get your new tC's, they don't come with stereo units in them.
The dealer installs them when they get them in.

My guess as to why some people are getting '05 stereo units instead of the proper units in their '06 is because the dealerships want to get rid of their '05 units.

That is why this forum is awsome...

I would have never known that I deserved better. Watch out!

Thank you Samshingha.

FYI,

I just got my new floormats today for $78. My understanding is that the $145 you pay for them comes with the cargo mat as well. Just see if you can get just the four car mats.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by coolhandluke@Aug 3 2005, 09:38 PM
Oh, thank you Plissken as well!
Ain't no thang my brotha!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.