Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

No innuendo intended-- I have really big hands, and most shiftknobs seem to be generated for folks that can't palm a baseball, much less a basketball. It's weighted (10oz), and made of acetal (delrin), so no more Summer Scorched Palm Syndrome. I swear, one day last July, I thought I branded the TWM logo backwards on the palm of my hand.

Anyhow, this knob is bitchin'.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That's sweet. What brand/model is that? I was looking at getting a heavy Razo knob that looks similar (although I don't think it's that large), but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 16 2006, 10:13 AM
That's a huge b**ch!
Keep it in the circus!

Originally posted by neo-truth@Feb 16 2006, 10:09 AM
That's sweet. What brand/model is that?
It's handmade. I turned a brass slug for the center (to attach to the shifter), then center-drilled a chunk of 2.5" acetal rod, banged 'em together, and started getting messy.

The raw materials weighed 22.7oz... by the time I finished, the knob as you see it weighs 9.8oz.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey! You've helped me learn my factoid of the day! Duracon is a brand-name for Delrin (acetal homopolymer or polyoxymethylene).

As to the link-- I certainly see the similarities, but I'm glad I didn't spend almost 60 bucks on mine. Those knobs have to be unbeleivably light-- at the size that my knob is, it contains only about 5.5oz of acetal. Those TRD knobs have to weigh 2-3oz at most.

I think this is a closer representation of the shape, though...

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
haha..doc is a giant. My knob out weighs yours sucka! --Doc Go online i have a QUESTION!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Behemoth!

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Feb 19 2006, 08:03 PM
what if you have vaseline all over your hands!?
Then you're messing with a whole other kind of knob.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.