Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hey everyone its been about 3 weeks since I have had my new system but throughout all the homework for school and such I have not had a chance to post anything about it...so finally I took some pictures tonight in between my homework to let you all know what I have been up to...so here ya go

Here is my headunit..its has the new 60 Watt Max chip so RMS it will put out about 30Watts per channel so I am happy there...but trust me it took me a while to get used to the middle knob doing everything like changing tracks, options, volume, bass control, you name it, it does it.

Top shot of the subs look how nicely they are covered...yeah you can't see them at all.

My 1 Farad Stinger Capacitor...to my surprise it did do alot for my dimming headlights and it did slightly increase my subwoofer output..at least that's what my alpine amps show me under high volume.

One of the 605s

And the other 605

A shot of both of them mounted on the back of my box..they are a lot tinier than I expected which was a good thing cause there was not a lot of room and I was running out of ideas.

Another frontal shot

The wiring its a Kicker Dual Amp 0 gauge wiring kit...its extremely and I do mean extremely flexible and very high quality wire.

I do not however have pictures of my door speakers but you know they are type r speakers so if you have seen one you have seen them all.

Let me know what you all think

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
That's some heavy duty wiring.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by nY1018@Feb 4 2006, 06:54 PM
nice job there, but you could hide the wires a little, they look bad all tangled in the back. i like your head unit, it looks good.
yeah I just figured hey no one looks back there so its not a big concern of mine at the moment...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the power wire? Well there are two places I have heard..the one that I know best is behind the glove compartment and then unscrew the ecu bend it to the right and there is a grommet there and I just pushed it through there but since then I have cut a slit in it and then sealed it with some sealant to prevent leakage...but that grommet is the best place for my size wire I think

·
Registered
219 Posts
nice head unit, it looks good thanks for sharing pics with us

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
How did you wire your capacitor? I have a 2.0 Farad Power Acoustic but I don't have the instructions & it's not on the website.... BASTARDS..... Don't they realize I'm in need?

This is what I have......

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok not for sure but it looks like your capacitor has a self charging bulb in it or if not it should have come with one...if it came with one I am not completely sure how to work about that...but if its self charging its not hard at all to hook it up....

heres how I have mine hooked up...(there is really two ways but first I will tell you my way) I have the power wire coming in from the battery, then to a distributor block, I have two power wires one to one amp and the other to the other amp. I have the positive power wire from the capacitor running to the distributor block (it has two ins for power) and the ground is grounded to the seat bolt.

That is one way...the other is running the power wire to the capacitor and then running another wire from the capacitor to the amp...but that is only really used for single amp setups..my setup is made for more than one amp setup....hope this helps if not I will take pics for you later..just let me know

here is kinda what I am talking about

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/web/prod..._tech_brief.asp

I have the second setup

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Thank you very much!! It helped a great deal!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.