Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants 'em?

I'd be selling the fixtures along with the projectors and igniters. What you wouldn't receive would be the bulbs and the AC/DC converters (the, "ballast," as they are commonly known in this case is the combination of the igniter and the AC/DC converter, which in many cases is a single piece, but my oem BMW set has those two parts separate). The projectors that are included are bi-xenon and within are the solenoids for the bi-xenon function, so attach it with a relay and the HIDs will flip upwards when you flash or turn on your high beams (so the regular high beam would light up and the HID would point up as well)! Sorry, I do not have the relays for that function. Remember that the side marker lenses are also smoke-tinted. I am not including any of my bulbs.

Why am I selling them? Simple--because I'm an anal-retentive punk willing to blow money on a new set that's better designed. Basically, I am having another set done, but with smaller, non-bixenon (low beam-only) projectors and E46 shrouds, and I'm having the BMW halos replaced with Umnitza's demon eye CCFL rings. I'm keeping my signal bulbs, high beam bulbs, high harnesses, my HID bulbs and the AC/DC converter portion of my current set for the new set, to reduce costs. I can get the part numbers for all the stuff you'd need.

Anyone who's interested, feel free to make a bid here or IM me on AIM to discuss. I have not yet begun getting the new ones made yet, so you have time to decide and/or to save up money to buy these off me. As they are used and incomplete, I obviously won't charge what I paid to have these made, but at the same time realize I can't sell them for only $400 or something crazy like that.

-Ed

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mmm...Jake's tC with projectors...coming in '06?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh@Dec 27 2005, 09:30 PM
Mmm...Jake's tC with projectors...coming in '06?
and you know this... Ed and I have been in closed door meetings all night discussing our secret plans.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That is one big door, from Atlanta to Scarsdale.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Visa gotta love you Edd!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 27 2005, 07:58 PM
Visa gotta love you Edd!
Ironically, I've since paid down pretty much all my CC debt and going forward am no longer relying on the credit cards unless it's a matter of convenience--will be making sure I can zero balance my cards every single month-end starting January '06 (can you say New Years Resolution?).

That plus my vow to continue my current rate of weight loss. I'm 5'6" and went from just under 34" waist down to a little over 32" waist in just a matter of about four weeks. If I keep this up through the first few months of '06 I'll hit my proper shape sooner than I realize.

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Good for you! All my mods are done with cash. I don't want to pay any more than I have to.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 27 2005, 08:05 PM
Good for you! All my mods are done with cash. I don't want to pay any more than I have to.
Precisely why I've made this change in budgeting. I actually borrowed money from my dad to pay it all down, and then I pay him back in installments (half my paychecks going forward until I put back at least the amount I borrowed from him into his money market account)--this actually won't take me long. The interest saved is huge (probably close to a thousand or so when all is said and done), and I never plan to let them gouge me like that ever again.

-Ed

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I don't buy anything with my Amex I can't pay cash for but it gives me cash back and some nice deals so I take advantage of it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
you're sick edd! LOL good luck on selling them, i'm pretty sure many people would take it considering most of the work is already done besides installing. Too bad i couldn't buy your headlamps to start my own projectors cuz i'm flat broke! LOL.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Do you still notice condensation happening? I remember I read somewhere you started noticing it. I would imagine some silicone sealant could fix that. I was also curious if the projectors adjust when turning or not?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Originally posted by tCrease@Dec 29 2005, 06:24 PM
I was also curious if the projectors adjust when turning or not?
they are trick, but not that trick.

Ed, your car will no longer be your car.
Good for you with the paying down the debt and whatnot. Debt sucks. I use my check card.

"Yeah I bought that baby straight cash!" -Tron

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by tCrease@Dec 29 2005, 03:24 PM
Do you still notice condensation happening? I remember I read somewhere you started noticing it. I would imagine some silicone sealant could fix that. I was also curious if the projectors adjust when turning or not?
This is happening with the left headlamp, but as soon as I get the new ones I'm going to dry out the left one and seal it better before selling it. Whoever buys it from me will get a chance to test them before paying the full amount, but for the time being, I have someone who gets first dibs and I'm pretty sure I'm selling it to that person. I offered to let that person test it before paying me a cent, but they decided to pay half first, then test, then pay the rest after.

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by nY1018@Dec 29 2005, 07:14 PM
lol jake, he tried to be discreet about the "someone"
Some people prefer not to be...revealed.

Clearly, Jake doesn't mind.

-Ed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.