Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 tc and the hatch will not open. I can here it unlock and when you hit the button on the hatch you hear it click. but, when you lift on it the hatch won't budge. What is the reason for this?

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
If it takes pulling up on the bottom of the hatch, then it is time to clean your hatch seals (do all of them on the car) and wipe with some silicone lube. It will keep them from sticking like that.

If the latch is just not working, then there is something else going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think enginfineer hit the nail of my problem, just need help fixing it.

My trunk latch won't release. When you hit the button you hear the clunk, I pulled off the center trunk cap and see the little lever go down when I hit the button. After attempting to open, I can press down on my trunk and hear a small click(sound it makes when it locks). I attempted to rip from the trunk body to separate the seal while pressing the button. I think it's free. I put a screwdriver in between the trunk and seals and tried to pry up when I had the lever down on the latch, I wouldn't try this. My guess is that the latch isn't opening up. My question is how does it actually work so I can may pry it open from the inside. I would hate to take this in somewhere to fix it. I would also hate to have to cut it off, but I may end up doing that and getting a new latch. I hit it with a ton of WD-40 in hopes that it will eventually open up, maybe i'll hit it a few times with a hammer. oh yeah, to do all of this, I pulled the interior panel off.

Any thoughts?

thank you in advance.

2008 scion tc

·
Registered
7 Posts
My hatch was hard to open last night. When it finally came up the shocks that hold it screeched as it lifted. Maybe yours got stuck better than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts