Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my tc had a rough day last week. i was bringing it in to get an annoying squeak in the center console fixed. they replaced the stereo door. my girlfriend was following me there and before we even left the parking lot CRASH. she just bumped right into the back corner of my bumper. it was really cold the night before and both of our windshields were covered in ice. we were rushing and didn't totally clear our windshield's off (stupid i know). so she couldn't really tell how far in front of her i was. anyway, it looked really bad at first, but then mysteriously on it's own the dent popped back out.

now there are a few scratches and a very small dent where the plastic bent in because of the dent. so i'm trying to live with it, but the car is only 3 months old and i want it perfect again, at least for a little while longer. where do you think i should get it fixed? would the dealer work on this? is this too small of a job for a body shop?

on top of it all when they were working on the squeak at the dealer, they scratched the hell out of the center console, so i have to bring it in again to get the parts replaced [email protected]#[email protected]#$! at least the squeak was gone!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Maybe you should say they scratched the bumper as well?

·
Registered
346 Posts
i hope your gf gave u some good lovins (if u know what i mean) to make up for that, or SOMETHING. that sucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hear ya...she is a great girl, and "lovin" is always plentiful
. so i didn't get mad at her. she felt really bad though.

i know i could take it to a body shop and they will repaint it. but my concern is, can they match the flint mica paint exactly or not?

i might just live with it, i wish i didn't have this OCD problem...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Where's Chenz05tC? Vinnie knows where you can get exact match paint.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i think most bumpers do this, i think the bumper is actually a lot smaller than the big thing you usually see... i.e. playing gta when your car gets thrashed you can see the small little metal bar under neath the bumper when the body molding falls off.

ocd is obsessive compulsive disorder. i think a lot of people are ocd about symmetry or germs. i.e. when things are not symmetrical, or clean, the ocd people feel compelled to adjust/clean to fix the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had a pretty big dent on my 05 Civic from someone who sat on it (I'm guessing) and on it's own it popped up and now you can't even see it. I'm thinking it was the summer heat...whatever it was saved me 250 bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.