Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, after all my decisions to buy the scion tC, i've decided to buy another car. just thought i'd share this story with u guys. i went down to puente hills (soCAL) toyota and i put my name down for the flint mica tC. the VW dealership was just next door. i was like what the heck, might as well, then i went to test drive the VW. i disliked VW's b4 and had heard of there repuation on the jettas, but the new generation jettas..it literally knocked my socks off. 10 standard airbags comes standard..that was very impressive. and with it not being pure price, the stick is 18,515 without tax..so we're hoping to talk it down to 17,500 out the door (the base model). im not here to clown or anything, i just wanted to share my little expereience and say farewell to u guys. it was a nice stay in this very organized and dedicated scion tC server. safe drives.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Sorry to see you go. It sounds like it's probably too late to talk you out of it, but check out the quality-control and mechanical problems that the Jettas have been having. I wouldn't touch one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm sorry too.. Jetta's are good and bad. My sister's car has been great up until a few months ago when it started leaking oil. She took it to the dealer and the people there told her it was "dirty" and "fixed" the problem and it still leaks.. whatever. My uncle has had problems with his jetta from the beginning. They have a lot of buttons which is something that I like hehe.. but other than that.. the tC is more comfortable.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Jetta's will run forever without an oil change.

Ex-girlfriend hasnt changed hers in years.

(not why she's my ex fyi)

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by mickster@Jul 16 2005, 01:18 AM
hi guys, after all my decisions to buy the scion tC, i've decided to buy another car. just thought i'd share this story with u guys. i went down to puente hills (soCAL) toyota and i put my name down for the flint mica tC. the VW dealership was just next door. i was like what the heck, might as well, then i went to test drive the VW. i disliked VW's b4 and had heard of there repuation on the jettas, but the new generation jettas..it literally knocked my socks off. 10 standard airbags comes standard..that was very impressive. and with it not being pure price, the stick is 18,515 without tax..so we're hoping to talk it down to 17,500 out the door (the base model). im not here to clown or anything, i just wanted to share my little expereience and say farewell to u guys. it was a nice stay in this very organized and dedicated scion tC server. safe drives.
good luck.

just because you drive a VW doesn't mean you can't hang out. Shoot i was on the board six months while i drove a vw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6 months? wow..hahaha. well, thanks for all your positive replies. haha if i posted this on another forum or something, i think it might be a lil hostile..haha like "fine the get the F*** out" or something like that. haha i think the 10 airbags really sold it. cuz my mom really wanted me to get a safe car and with 10 airbags standard..that made her REALLY happy
and the space...although im just a college senior right now, but space the cars has..i guess maybe later down the road it'll be more useful? hhehe im already thinking down the line here. well good times guys. but i think engine wise, the tC, being a toyota might be a lil more reliable. but we shall see after i put it thru the test of time..hhahaha

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by mickster@Jul 16 2005, 01:18 AM
hi guys, after all my decisions to buy the scion tC, i've decided to buy another car.  just thought i'd share this story with u guys.  i went down to puente hills (soCAL) toyota and i put my name down for the flint mica tC.  the VW dealership was just next door.  i was like what the heck, might as well, then i went to test drive the VW.  i disliked VW's b4 and had heard of there repuation on the jettas, but the new generation jettas..it literally knocked my socks off.  10 standard airbags comes standard..that was very impressive.  and with it not being pure price, the stick is 18,515 without tax..so we're hoping to talk it down to 17,500 out the door (the base model).  im not here to clown or anything, i just wanted to share my little expereience and say farewell to u guys.  it was a nice stay in this very organized and dedicated scion tC server.  safe drives.
My roommate has a jetta and they are fun as hell to drive. Nice cars most definitely but I think they are totally different cars and I'm sure the jetta was an upgrade in price too. The only thing I HATE about jetta's (at least the older body before this new one) are the cupholders where they are and the cloth in there like tears your clothes off so hopefully you went leather. Well the whole loss of clothes thing CAN be good at certain times I imagine.

Grats either way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was interested in the Jetta too, it has a ton of nice features and a great price. Then I found out they ranked second to last in JD Powers quality survey. Not that I think they are the authority in problems with a car, but the head of Volkswagon's response to it was "obviously we are aware of these problems" going to to say they are working to improving the quality of their vehicles. They've got a poor reputation in the reliability departmet too, where Toyota excells. There's a reason it's so cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.