Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting my scion this weekend (if it comes on time)

and dont see any other scions on the roads here not even the other two models xa xb ab bx ax whatever the heck they are called, i didnt even like the way it looked when they first came out.

i have been searching for the car that fits me and my boyfriend told me about the scion tC, showed me the pics online earlier this year before it came out, i am like no freakin way i am going to get a scion after seeing those boxy things, honestly no offense to anyone who owns those models. If it fits you, then its you. thats all it matters!

so anyways, i drove by a dealership last month and saw a tC out on the lot, i am like "is that it???"
i swear the pics on the scion site does not do it....you just have to see it for yourself! I fell in love with it when i saw it in black cherry pearl. *sigh* i decided that maybe i am not ready for a new car yet....maybe its not the one i was searching for.

2 Weekends ago, my boyfriend and i were out and about, drove by the same lot and there was the sold ticket on the black cherry and a white tC available. We checked it out for real this time, i completely fell in love w. the car. That dealer said it would be 6 weeks before a 5sp BCP comes in, so we called around and there's one coming in less than a week. went ahead signed the papers (private finacing which got me a much better deal than toyota ever could!) hopefully its not a mistake signing the papers before the car even comes in.

I am getting the car stock...just floor mats nothing else....i can always order the parts later why spent the interest on it?

also waiting until 3yr-36k miles before buying extended warranty for the same reason. They figured my payments to be 310 month with warranty of $1695 100k miles 6 years...yes its that much around here....i am going to shop for a better priced warranty sooner or later. so back to the 310 a month...i figured it was 32 bucks less a month without the warranty. 32 bucks a month makes $2304 for six years i paid for the warranty....f*ck that! so warranty is going to come back off when i go pick up the car which they said its not a prob.

So there's my story....my boyfriend is getting grumpy bc i have spent the past two weeks online on the scion forums and havent really posted much until now.

still waitin, waitin, waitin..........grrrr!~

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Well... good luck to ya! When I ordered mine... I had to put a refundable deposit of $500 down for the car. I'm surprised your warranty is that much... who is it from?? Is it really offered by the Toyota Financial Services??? I guess since you didn't finance through them, they make it more expensive for you to buy the warranty??

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
wow that sounds exactly like our story! uncanny similarity

·
Registered
167 Posts
yep... the same exact feeling of falling in love at first sight... it is a very sweet memory... and it can all happen only in a scion dealership...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol you guys are funny!
well good news, the dealership called me and said they can give me the warranty at the price on the scion site. I tried to tell them that scions are commited to not jack the prices up on their cars for profits, pure pricing so they call it. so anyways, they tried to tell me they dont offer at the listed price on the site.
I guess the general manager decided to look into and couple of days later (today) they called me and said they can give me the scion warranty for the listed price which is $1125. still thinking about it, but i think i will buy that later, wonder if thats negotiable or the warranty is also pure priced??

ok all i have a question, today is the 30th and tomorrow is the last day of the month and the dealership wants me to come in and sign the papers ASAP before the end of the month. I told them i rather just come in sign the papers when my tC gets there to save me the trip considering its supposed to come in between the 29th and the 3rd.
WHY ARE THEY BEGGIN ME TO COME IN ASAP???? i live 30 minutes away and if i go in to sign the papers in tomorrow and they call me sunday or monday that the tC is there, what the heck is the difference if i sign it now or the first of the month???

liz

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Sounds like they're trying hard to screw you, bizzyliz. The dealership I went to offered me the warrenty for $800.........

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by imasaf@Jul 29 2004, 07:32 PM
Well... good luck to ya!  When I ordered mine... I had to put a refundable deposit of $500 down for the car.  I'm surprised your warranty is that much... who is it from??  Is it really offered by the Toyota Financial Services???  I guess since you didn't finance through them, they make it more expensive for you to buy the warranty??
the warranty was from TFS (toyota fin. services) yes i financed at my bank and was able to add the TFS warranty on it.
Scion tried to offer me a gap insurance of $499 when my bank has the same coverage for $199. I love credit unions!
please read my other post about the scion warranty, nobody should pay more than whats listed on the scion site.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Zygote55@Jul 30 2004, 01:34 PM
Sounds like they're trying hard to screw you, bizzyliz. The dealership I went to offered me the warrenty for $800.........
what kind of warranty? for platinum 100k miles/6 years???
where did you get yours?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yea, Zygote sounds right. I didn't take it, but it was $800 for the shortest & 1000 for the longest warranty they were offering. Check on the possibility of buying the warranty later, also.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok redwine, i will take your suggestion. Its better off to pay later before the basic warranty expires...why pay the extra interest?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz+Jul 30 2004, 01:39 PM-->QUOTE (bizzyliz @ Jul 30 2004, 01:39 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Jul 30 2004, 01:34 PM
Sounds like they're trying hard to screw you, bizzyliz.  The dealership I went to offered me the warrenty for $800.........
what kind of warranty? for platinum 100k miles/6 years???
where did you get yours? [/b]
I just looked it up again...

72mo/100k was $812. The next one down was like $600. This was from the finance guy at Maita Toyota in sacramento, CA. I still have a few days to decide if I want it or not and include it in my financing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow!!! i wonder if i can buy the warranty from another state? i am clear across the country in ohio.

as with a few days decision...even if you sign up for it, read the back of it, you have up to 30 days to cancel. I think your best bet is to wait until the basic warranty is about to expire and pay for it all up front, save yourself some interest. for 800 bucks i'd pay for it later.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I don't think the 800 is for the Platinum extended warranty. I did buy the Platinum Extended Warranty 7Yrs/100K and it did cost 1125 plus another 50 so I don't have to pay any deductables when I take the car in.

Anyways... this was before I spoke with a Toyota technician. He called me a "poor girl" for buying the extended warranty. He swears the existing warranty is already very good. I think it was 5 yrs / 60K for power train and 7 yrs for other parts of the engine. I didn't know that.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ALL standard toyota warranty are only 36kmiles/3 years for basic and 5 years 100k miles on powertrain that comes on all toyotas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts