Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what happened, my last car was totaled on side of road month ago. that was what got me in market for tC. this morning i found a hole in my rear window the size of a silver dollar. the glass at top of hatch back was shattered across the whole width of car. when i opened and shut the hatch, below was the result. bastards!

anyways i have had my TC 13 days. only 500 miles!

anyways, i have been told and read online now, that this may have been attempt to test my security system before breaking in. I have the crappy Scion Security which only goes off if doors are opened. But dont go off if someone smashes glass.

any thoughts?

im soo bummed.

oh, by the way, cost of replacing rear window glass is $850

any suggestions on a new security system?

http://www.macronauts.com/dave/images/DSCF0037.jpg

·
Registered
409 Posts
oh my ####..... dude, did you call the cops and everything, maybe they can ask ppl aroudn to see if they saw anything, #### ... that makes me scared, i wish you the best of luck, daym man, thats scary, stupid ppl i hate pppl!!! HATE THEM ALL!!..well not you guys =) sorry man i feel for you

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I've had a car broken into before -- not my tC (thank goodness), but a Corolla I used to have -- so I know the horrible feeling you have...I really feel for you. A friend of mine had his 2003 Civic broken into within two weeks of getting it, and after that he bought a $500 Viper two-way system. I don't know if you need the two-way deal (it's basically a security blanket with little to no purpose as far as I can see), but I would definitely recommend a Viper.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I hate people that cant leave other peoples stuff alone.Stupid fuctards.

·
Registered
77 Posts
man what a bunch of retards who did that. I bet my money that they were jealous of a new car taht looks to sweet. My condolences go out to you. But i have an even scarier thought. If a silver dollar sized hole and opening and closing the hatch could do this to the glass, what would happen in a car crash say if the car flipped (GOD FORBID) but the impact would break the glass like nothing if what you say is correct? Wont it?

Again i feel you man that f*&%ing sucks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Take comfort in the fact that what goes around comes around.......without fail. Sounds like they used the old spark-plug trick. They take the ceramic part of the spark plug and throw it at the window, and it punches through instantly. I cant imagine how frustrated and pissed I would be if I were in your position right now.....damn

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Man, that sux soo bad. Definitely file a report with the police. They probably won't do much, but if they ever catch someone doing something similar, if you have filed a report, they'll contact you and ask you if you want to press charges. I can't stand how people dont think about the long term effects of their actions. It just makes me sick to think that someone would do that just to be an a$*hole. Best of luck to you, oh yeah, and if you ever find out who did this, leave a mark on him that he'll never forget.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That sucks. Hope your insurance takes good care of you. In some states, there's no deductible for glass claims.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How much does the viper alarm system go for and how much is the install?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm getting the basic Viper with installation for just under $250 at Hifi Buys.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yikes......some people just don't deserve to live....

Sorry to hear about your car, hun...and I hope things work out for ya...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ugh--this has me nervous and I don't even have the car yet. I just know that parking on the street in the middle of a city is kind of a risk. However, there are tons of people in my neighborhood with all kinds of crazy expensive cars who actually park on the street, but it still makes me nervous. I think I'm going to have to see what it takes to make this car as much of a fortress as my budget will allow.

Good luck, though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 20 2004, 05:54 AM
Yikes......some people just don't deserve to live....
Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them.
-- funny bumpersticker

Sorry 'bout your car, dmarcoot!

-K

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow that sucks
. Did they actually get inside the car or took anything from it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts