Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... so my car is totalled and I'm totally ####ed.

On a better note, I walked away without major broken bones or whatnot.

Heading southbound to get home, I was going around 75. Everything is fine and dandy until an eclipse, without checking his blindspot, comes into my lane, and instead of braking, I pulled onto the left shoulder. The bumps on the shoulder scared me, and it looked like I was going to fall into the median if I didn't get back onto the road, so I pulled back onto the road when the car skidded across 2 lanes to the right, then after my attempt to straighten out the car, it skidded back cross the 2 lanes and fell into the median. Then I'm guessing it slid sideways through the median for about a good 300ft till I hit a large bump and flipped the car and slid some more. I was hanging upside down by the seatbelts (no airbags deployed) so I opened the door and unbelted myself and crawled out.

As soon as I walked out, there was already a cop and some other guy (not sure how either of them got there so fast) that helped me stay sane (even though I crawled back into get my phone) for the rest of the night.

I walked away from the hospital an hour later with a cut on a toe (prob from a small piece of glass) few stretched ligaments and a minor concussion to the head.

The only thing I saw that was completely missing from the car was the hatch windshield. I was so surprised that the glass roof didn't shatter, collapse, or do anything that would've made the wreck worse.

*edit*
Oh, the car landed about 2 ft from the oncoming traffic on Northbound...

Thank God for giving me another chance...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Good thing you are still in one piece. I think a performance driving school is needed in your case.

Actually, THANK GOD you are alright.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
another tC gives its life to save its owner.

that sucks out loud, donna. glad to see you are okay.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys, I know everything was my fault, but is it okay to be mad at my brother since he won't stop bitching at me about how I'm stupid as ####? Maybe he'd be a little lighter on the comments if he had seen the car...

Crossing my fingers for another tC...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
dont cross your fingers, drop in and see moriarty or me. we got that.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by doNna@Jan 29 2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys, I know everything was my fault, but is it okay to be mad at my brother since he won't stop bitching at me about how I'm stupid as ####? Maybe he'd be a little lighter on the comments if he had seen the car...

Crossing my fingers for another tC...
Just take it as one of those curveballs in life that you have to tolerate and that it will hopefully humble you and teach you that you aren't invincible... live with it and go to performance driving school.

http://www.skipbarber.com/driving_school/new_driver.aspx

You can call them up and request they have one at Barber Motorsports.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 29 2006, 10:29 AM
dont cross your fingers, drop in and see moriarty or me. we got that.
Drive to Cali? I don't think I'll be driving that far for a while.

I guess I'll post up pics if I ever get to see my car again...
Another story for you, D, that you can tell your potential buyers.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm SO sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you made it out alright though.

Did you get in any trouble with the police for driving so fast and recklessly? not to give you any trouble just want to hear what happened. That's a story to tell people, what a miracle your alright.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by SpeeedTc@Jan 29 2006, 10:53 AM
I'm SO sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you made it out alright though.

Did you get in any trouble with the police for driving so fast and recklessly? not to give you any trouble just want to hear what happened. That's a story to tell people, what a miracle your alright.
i think the cop was sitting northbound to catch speeders, since he was parked ahead of me and not behind me. they asked what speed I was going, but I didn't reply cuz I was going into shock, or so they said.

the cop was more or less worried about the eclipse that left than what speed I was going. he asked me if i remembered anything about the car, but I was shaken up so the only thing I said was it was an eclipse.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very sorry to hear it...but glad you're alive!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My mom is yelling at me saying I'm walking everywhere, but I think that'll change once she sees the car tomorrow...

The place they towed away my car to is closed today, so I'll see if I can take pictures tomorrow and post it up... not that it'll be a very pretty sight.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.