Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was inevetable that this day would come. it was just a matter of time when i had to limp home in the mustard yellow wheel of shame. driving to school i ran over a nail. i saw that my wheel was flat when i parked it, and when i was done with classes it was as flat as could be. so i had to put it on. the wheel of shame.

that thing is hidiously ugly. as soon as i got home, it was off my car, and my spare rim was on. (bought it off of somone on this forum) weird thing is, the flat tire light never came on.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I hope I never again have to use the infamous donut. I feel your pain, though. I had to do this twice when I had my Camaro. Luckily it wasn't painted "look=at-me" yellow.

The tire pressure warning light only works when the car is in motion and when there is a sudden decrease in wheel speed (not tire pressure... go figure). That's why no light.

·
Registered
176 Posts
could someone chop those onto my car?
i'm thinking about getting those on all four!
haha

well, at least it wasn't on long!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
A new avatar perhaps?

I wish they would've just put in a steelie for the spare tire, but I guess they wanted to make it as ugly as possible so you'd get it swapped ASAP.

·
Registered
176 Posts
sssssweeeeet!
thanks for my chop undeSiReD_eFx !

·
Registered
4,894 Posts

Yeah it's psychological... makes you want to change it FAST.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to put that dang thing on my car when I ran over some rock I couldn't even tell in the mountains in december. I drove 60 miles with it all the way home, it was so lame and guilty feeling =/. But I used it as an excuse to upgrade to UHP summer tires =). So now I'm kinda glad it happened lol.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sorry, I had to dig this up because I forgot what it looked like until I had to put it on my car in the rain today! The only freakn day its rained in DFW in ages, and I get a flat tire! Erg!

But I did enjoy my blue tarp to put the old dirty tire on, I'm glad someone at Scion is thinking of the little things!

·
Premium Member
10,666 Posts
you can laught at it....i've seen tCs around here one with bright PINK disk rims, and second - i thought at first that he had two spares.. but then saw that those rims were actually aftermarket ones/ painted...

I recently got a phone w/ camera.. so, hopefully, will see those guys again.

·
Premium Member
14,849 Posts
Wow. Is that what our spare tire looks like? I had no idea...

I've probably just jinxed myself and will now have to use it this weekend when I'm driving to/from Maine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That was actually an available GM color in the late 60's. I think the whole tC in that color would look good in a retro way. You see, all the retro stuff they always bring back was the very best of what was then. What's interesting is when you bring back what wasn't as good.

·
Premium Member
14,849 Posts
Originally posted by io333@Aug 28 2006, 05:16 PM
That was actually an available GM color in the late 60's. I think the whole tC in that color would look good in a retro way. You see, all the retro stuff they always bring back was the very best of what was then. What's interesting is when you bring back what wasn't as good.

C/L

I wish I hadn't looked at that while I was eating dinner...

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
OMG...is that Sean Connery?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Sep 1 2006, 10:11 AM
OMG...is that Sean Connery?
correct.

Highlights: The immortals grow everything using hydroponics (including themselves!); Connery strutting around in that kick ass outfit; The guy who played Zardoz will haunt me until the end of time; Lesbian mud wrestling; Connery's bloodlust for killing businessmen on the beach; God is a baseball sized crystal.[/b]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.