Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for those of us that have just got our cars, or are about to get one, what are the must do's, or must buys?

the first thing i plan on doing is dropping my car.
as for accessories, i plan on getting floor mats.

other than that, i like the way the scion comes

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yeeeeea, I'm gonna have to disagree with ya there, Bob...

Tint is what I would do first, especially if you got a darker color.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Whenever I get a new car, the first thing I always do is get the windows tinted. Not for aesthetics (though it does look nice), but for privacy. I feel kinda naked sitting in cars without tinted windows.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yea, Eric's right. The only reason my tint was the first thing I had done was because it was a dealer-installed "accessory." The alarm was the first thing I did after I got the car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The first thing I do is tint my car.....like to be discreet, ya know

I usually do that within the week of buying my car, but dangit, I didn't have the cash for it. Soon though.

I rarely drop cars, but with the wheels on this car, it NEEDS to be lowered. That'll be my next step. I'm hoping my bf will help with that (since he knows the owner of a really good shop).

Otherwise, mine came with floormats, which I'd get anyways, and I got me a cargo net, I hate things rolling around, and got the door sills (just had to pretty it up). I would get a new radio, but I'm fine with the one I have. I got the dimming mirror (love that thing, wish I had one in my MR2). My bf has changed out my headlights (the bulbs).

Dang, I'm doing this backwards. I still need to tint and drop my car. Augh! Once that happens, I'm done. No more mods for me.

Dangit I'm getting my windows tinted next week. Just thinking about it embarrasses me. lol.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The alarm was the first thing I did after I got the car.[/b]
wait.... the tC doesn't come with an alarm system? i am confused. On the website it says that the alarm system runs about $500.... but then listed under the standard features is the keyless entry with engine shut off...

i think i dont understand the difference... please excuse my ignorance... but could somone please clarify for me?

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
[hijack]
the scion tC keys have a chip that interacts with the ECU to allow the car to start. it is a passive system

the scion security option is to add the active (horn, shock sensors, ect.).
[/hijack]
first thing I did was tint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Haven't got my car yet, but should be here in a few more weeks. I ordered it with a body kit, TRD exaust, Pedistal Spoiler, and floor mats.

I plan on getting a sound system first. Then prob an alarm, and some tinted windows.

Not sure bout what else after, dunno bout dropping it..... possibly some rims.....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm getting it tinted tomorrow. Will be the first thing I to after dealer options.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I see tint is a high priority with the nice deep south and warm weather owners...makes sense. In Virginia, the tint laws are such that it makes it a hassle and the annual inspection can cause you instant grief with many inspection stations due to interpretation of the tint law here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i ordered the security system yesterday with my car and look forward to seeing what all it offers for 500 freaking bucks! but, after i think about it, thats not a bad price, b/c that includes installation. so thats actually about 250 for an alarm, which is about right. and to have the dealer install it is even better, not including the benefit for insurance!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I got the tint done yesterday...it looks great. I'll add pics soon. As for the tint laws, if they're really strict, and you have family in a state with better laws, it may be worth it to register in another state. Here in FL, there is no inpection requirement. Tint laws are loose here too. I went with legal limits-20% rear and back windows and 30% side windows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's coming in with the Scion Security System (why aftermarket when you can have the button in-key?) and a custom leather interior by Katzkin installed by an associate of the dealer. Next order of business is the tint and clear-bra (Colorado rocks and bugs suck). After that comes the OBX pedal covers, though from eBay, not the dealer, and a Momo Combat shift knob (black leather w/brushed aluminum). I'm seriously contemplating this genuine brushed aluminum interior overlay set (48 pc.) to jazz up the interior even futher, and I have to make use of the Double DIN space to put a touchscreen CD/DVD/GPS nav unit in...I'll have to get a complimenting system to go with it as well. Performance accessories will come after graduation from college.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why spend 500 on an alarm that doesnt have keyless ignition and isnt as sensitive as a viper 791xv. The viper is also 2-way with huge distance. Cost me 400 installed on my old car. Only thing is that i cant get keyless ignition with a manual...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
keyless ignition sounds cool... but how much work is it to start ur car?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.