Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Most mudguargs have screws with a type of sealant on the threads of the screws for when you drill in. Im not completely sure with the scion ones, but i would assume someone would have thought that far ahead. They may also use exisiting screws that hold the wheel well in or something. I would suggest calling the dealer service department to find out for sure.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I installed mine almost a year ago. That being said, I'm embarrassed to say I can't say for sure whether its plastic or not that you're drilling into, but I'm almost positive that it IS plastic.

Whatever it is though, I've had no problems with rust. Drill away!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
its plastic... i checked

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jun 28 2005, 11:00 AM
Whatever it is though, I've had no problems with rust. Drill away!
You'll never have problems with rust in Sacramento. Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. (the salt belt) will have MAJOR rust problems with any unsealed modification. Not to mention, those poor souls who live on the Florida coast. Those cars are eaten away by rust in places you can't begin to see.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Jun 28 2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah. its definitely plastic. No metal anywhere near where the mudguards touch body.
I lied, by the way. The mudguards do touch metal but still not where you have to drill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.