Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how many people have mudguards on their TC? im getting mine painted to match soon. i like them alot ause they help keep alot of crap off my car! if you have'em lets see'em
heres mine

just a pic of my valve cover that i polished. (BTW if anyone wants me to do it, its $50)

hope you like it!!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I have mudguards; I'll take pics after I wash my car. They really do help keep the car clean in that area.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Got 'em. A must with 245s, or every time I turn left through water, the tire pitches water in through the driver's side window. With the mudguards, water pitching reduced by as much as 50%.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
They cost next to nothing from Ken, and are very simple to install. If you go really slowly and deliberately, it takes about an hour to install them.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 21 2006, 05:48 PM
They cost next to nothing from Ken, and are very simple to install. If you go really slowly and deliberately, it takes about an hour to install them.
Word.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They don't fit with the body kit, but I haven't had any issues with water on the driver's window either. The side mouldings from the kit must be blocking the water.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I don't know if I could get myself to drill holes in my tC.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Didn't really even have to drill much, but you do have to drill. It's just through plastic, really.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Oh okay. I was going off of the pdf manual on Ken's site, which doesn't seem too descriptive. So you guys think it's worth it?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
How?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the mudguards come with self tapping screws (atleast the set i got from toyota for the TC) thats why i didnt have to drill. i dunno, maybe they lost the screws in my box and replaced them with self tapping screws

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Definitely worth it. Cheap mod and it keeps so much mud and dirt off your car.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 22 2006, 08:20 AM
Definitely worth it.  Cheap mod and it keeps so much mud and dirt off your car.
Exactly. It cuts down on the amount of water and other nastiness that sprays up on the door and the rest of the car down.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.