Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using it for several weeks now. Still not sure whether to give it a thumbs up or down. The rag seems to be dirtier than before (I was using Maquires), but I would like to believe it is dirt and not paint!

Like I said, it seems to work, but not as well as I had hoped. Your experience??

·
Registered
45 Posts
i used it once and i was happy with how clean it looked, but a few days later it now looks DIRTIER than i've ever seen it.... i'll give it another try and see how that goes

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by QSJ Ed@Sep 12 2004, 11:11 AM
I used it last week and it worked well - I plan on using it again today, but I need to get a soap refill.
Wow.. you need a refill already?? I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that a minivan has larger surface area... and takes more to wash clean??

·
Registered
936 Posts
i dont see the big deal about that Mr.Clean contraption. It takes me maaaaaaaaaybe 5 mins to do a good dry-job with my Absorber, and I dont have to worry about it working or not. With the cost of the refills and the not-so-awesome reaction ive seen the Mr.Clean get.........ill pass on it- t

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I'm with T on this one....I'm all about the Absorber. In fact, I went ahead and bought a new one this week when I went to Advance Auto...

My old one was about 6 years old and it was still in GREAT shape....but I saw a purple one hanging on the shelf and had to have it. It figured it was spending $9.99 for a new one. I mean seriously....a $10.00 shammy that works REALLY well and lasts for more than 6 years with no special care? You just can't compare it to anything else....

I gave my boyfriend my old one...he's using the Mr. Clean on his RSX-S, but I figured he could use the shammy for his wheels or something...

Hehe.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I just used the Mr. Clean Auto Dry again last night & I'm sorry I bought the refills... I originally thought it didn't work right because I had stripped everything off pre-Zaino. For some reason, I can't get it to work... oh well... I'll just use it up and then buy some Zaino wash (whatever the # is)...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was thinking about getting the Mr. Clean thing, but now I think I'll pass. Right now, I just wash with armour-all car wash (got it in a gift pack thing), and dry with my leaf blower. Yes, I look like a jackass using the leaf blower, but I read about it on the zaino site, and it really works. No water spots on my black car.

Leaf blower thing probably wouldn't work if you don't use the awesome-ness known as zaino, though.

I use my absorber for the door jambs and stuff the leaf blower doesn't get to.

late

·
Registered
225 Posts
The refills are killers. I bought one and regret it. I think I jus do not use it very well iono, but imma stick to the buckets and wash mitt and microfiber towels. Also, does anyone use that chenelle mitt thing. I don use it, iono i always imagine it leaving a bunch of white lint on my car .

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
actually i like the Mr. Clean stuff since we're reviving old threads
j/k but i dont know if im "better at it" than anybody, but i dont get streaks of spots or anything and i usually do mine in the sun despite what others have said about it causing spots. it looks immaculate afterwards. however it always seems to cause inclement weather. its like my personal rain dance. the first time i washed i did it, it snowed, and then the following 2 times it rained that night! i have slacked alot on washing it lately tho cuz its winter and i get to cold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by joshmoney@Sep 29 2004, 05:17 PM
I was thinking about getting the Mr. Clean thing, but now I think I'll pass. Right now, I just wash with armour-all car wash (got it in a gift pack thing), and dry with my leaf blower. Yes, I look like a jackass using the leaf blower, but I read about it on the zaino site, and it really works. No water spots on my black car.

Leaf blower thing probably wouldn't work if you don't use the awesome-ness known as zaino, though.

I use my absorber for the door jambs and stuff the leaf blower doesn't get to.

late
leaf blower!? hahaha! That's so funny! I heard these people talking about drying their car with a blower and I thought, "what a dumbass!" BUT it makes a lot of sense my friend! I'm going to sears after I get off work and buying myself one today!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks like a waste of money. Get a HP chip of Ebay instead.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have not seen this product yet. I wash with McGuires (smells good and works good) I use the hose with no sprayer to rinse...just let the water run without spashing -that is the key...just a smooth flow...then I dry with a microfiber cloth --windows first to dampen the cloth...then hood and each side...then the hatch and bumpers. I recommend placing the cloth at the base of the windshield and pulling in a long stroke across the hood to the front...and repeat until you cover the entire hood. Also along the sides...one long stroke...then again but lower..etc. After it is dry I use the McGuires Gold Class clear coat wax..liquid. Easy to put on and buff off.
I have a 10" orbital buffer from the Sears remanufactued store at a discount...nice lambs wool looking pad...and lightly buff to an amazing shine.

Do this once a month and if it rains it rolls off and you don't even have to dry.

Oh and I use a different microfiber for the door sills and other areas.

All bucked and wash mit to wash....what have I left out??

Cool....good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
<span style="font-family:Arial">I haven't used the mr.clean on my tc but i have used it on my mustang (dark Color) and was impressed me.
</span>

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I've never dried the tC by hand. It's been on the AutoDry since day 1. I swear by the damn thing. And as some have alluded to it being expensive... between soap and filters, it averages me about 80¢ a wash. I don't know of any way to wash the car cheaper than that.

Of course, I take it to the next level-- before the Mr. Clean treatment, I rinse the whole car down with the pressure washer... no brake dust! and the cleanest windows evar!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts