Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what you guys are getting in terms of mileage. I remember there being a thread awhile ago, but I can't find it.

I've had my car for a week and I'm getting 25mpg, which I'm actually quite happy about cause I do a lot of city driving, so....

let me know. Happy cruizing!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Not sure what I'm getting but seems like less than what other people have reported... I think I got about 80 miles or so on the first 1/4 tank. I remember reading some people say they get 100 miles...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
My first tank I got around 26 mpg. On this tank, now that I'm getting on it a bit more, i've gotten around 24. Right now, I'm at 725 miles and I'm about to be on my 3rd tank of gas. I'm really happy with it so far

·
Registered
282 Posts
got the car at 7 last night and today at 8 i put over 100 miles on the car already and 1/4 of the tank was used up. Guess i will figure it all out when i empty the tank which wont be for long.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 6 2004, 09:39 AM
Not sure what I'm getting but seems like less than what other people have reported... I think I got about 80 miles or so on the first 1/4 tank. I remember reading some people say they get 100 miles...
some people may get 80 on the first 1/4 and others get 100 on the same, you got to remember if some people got manual or auto which would make a difference.

since these tC's are new (just got mine yesterday) i am waiting to see if the car eats more gas at the begining of the tank or at the end.
My sister has an accord and she thought it ate more gas than her last car (which was a BOAT! lol) but it varies from make/model to make/model. i told her that it doesnt, it just seems to run down more at the begining and the needle stays put at the end.
some cars eats more gas at the full tank while others eat more gas at the end of the tank. Dont ask me why this does but i noticed that with alot of cars.

but then at the same time it all depends on how you drive your auto/manual too.

liz

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The car gets the same gas milage no matter how much gas is in the tank (if you want to get THAT anal about it the car would actually be lighter with less gas and therefore get better milage, but nothing you could really measure). Gas guages aren't 100% accurate or linear. The guage only tells you roughly how much gas you have...don't rely on it too much when it starts touching the "E."

·
Registered
2 Posts
23 MPG my on first tank. MT, 90% city, and nothing over 4k RPMs. Good thing the wife's car inured me to >$20 fill ups.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Got about 360 miles on my second fill up....nearing that same mark on my third.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i love how i get 220 miles on the "first half" of the tank gauge........then someone lets the plug loose on the second half and the needle just drops everytime i cover another mile haha.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I just took a short 230 mile trip and got 29.4mpg

I'm starting to get some dash/sunroof rattling now. 650miles on the car.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I've only gone about 100 miles since I got my tC last week, so I don't have much of anything constructive to add about mileage just yet...but I wondered if anyone else had noticed the weird "1/1, 1/2, R" legend on the gas guage (instead of the more familiar "F, 1/2, E"). My dad suggested that "R" is probably for "refill."

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 9 2004, 03:02 PM
I just took a short 230 mile trip and got 29.4mpg

I'm starting to get some dash/sunroof rattling now. 650miles on the car.
just wait, im in the process of dealing with Scion Corporate for this................it gets MUCH worse, to the point where i feel like im back in my Ford

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 9 2004, 07:28 PM
Go kick some ass for us, TCrazy!
haha, they are pretty eager to get this resolved. I have a unique case in that.....i do not have the popping noise. I have rattles, and tons of them. So per my request i will supervise all test drives and there will be a scion corporate rep observing the fix as it gets done.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy+Aug 9 2004, 08:19 PM-->QUOTE (TCrazy @ Aug 9 2004, 08:19 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Aug 9 2004, 07:28 PM
Go kick some ass for us, TCrazy!
haha, they are pretty eager to get this resolved. I have a unique case in that.....i do not have the popping noise. I have rattles, and tons of them. So per my request i will supervise all test drives and there will be a scion corporate rep observing the fix as it gets done. [/b]
Will definitely be glad to hear what they tell you, especially if you can get some solid information on the popping noises...I first noticed my tC doing that at about 20 miles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts