Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to put together a couple of mp3 CDs to use with the stock stereo but in all but one case, the stereo only recognizes between 9 and 15 songs. I'm burning the music as data files onto the CD, and am getting around 70 to a disc. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong or if they think this may be a stereo issue? Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, if the headunit is not recognizing the song - it's not an MP3. And 70 to a CD sounds a little small - or you have 10M song files. In general songs are 4-5M a piece, so there should be well over a hundred of songs per CD.

Oh, if you want to email me on of the songs that the HU is not understanding I can give you a more definite answer.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
It's the way you're burning the mp3's onto the cd. It won't recognize the drag-to-disc options that most burners have. You need to go into the program (I use Roxio) and make your burn list of all the mp3's you want and do a single long burn as a group. There's usually an option to "finalize" the disc. Make it a one session, one disc burn and you'll be good. I had problems the first time and had to read the instructions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.