Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What programs have people used to burn Mp3's for the Scion tC radio? I tried just dragging and dropping (UDF format) when i recorded the Mp3's to a cd-r and the stock radio definitely didn't like it.. some would play other's just gave up..

Let me know what has worked for all when you've used an MP3 CD.. thanks

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I use Roxio Easy CD Creator and Nero Burning Rom. If you use Roxio, just make a "data" cd and just drag the mp3s to it and burn it... Nero, there is actually an mp3 cd setting. I like Nero Burning Rom better cause it supports all forms of CD text.

EDIT: Moved to tC talk Forum...

Rob

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 22 2004, 02:42 AM
I use Roxio Easy CD Creator and Nero Burning Rom.  If you use Roxio, just make a "data" cd and just drag the mp3s to it and burn it... Nero, there is actually an mp3 cd setting.  I like Nero Burning Rom better cause it supports all forms of CD text. 

EDIT:  Moved to tC talk Forum...

Rob
yeah this was made with roxio.. just dragged and dropped the files.. some would play but then on others the cd player would just make noise trying to read the files and nothing would happen, then come back to the same track and magically it plays.. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with this radio.. but willing to burn another disc and see if that works.. regular burned cd's worked fine.. In roxio is there a setting for an MP3-cd? or you just dragged and dropped into a data cd like i did?

Let me know what you have done.. thanks for the move wasn't sure where to post this..

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
No problem man.... just wanted to put it where it belongs. Yeah, the newest version of nero has a mp3cd setting. Also, check to make sure the burner isn't burning too fast for your computer to keep up. Just because your burner is a 42X (for example) does not mean that it should always burn at that setting. Keep in mind, thats with perfect data transfer rates (which rarely happen) and for regular CDs, it only works with .wav file sounds... not mp3s. But anyways, before I get into all that, try burning at a slower speed and make sure you close the session. Also, make sure the mp3s are of good quality, at least 128kbps. Other than that, if you burn another disc and get the same results, I'd take it into scion.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thanks frostbytetc.. i think I burned it at the highest setting.. would make sense of the hit and miss ability to play them.. I will move it down to like 4X or something slow like that just to make sure it burns.. I will let ya know what happens.. but yeah if it happens again I'll be getting a new radio
wasn't sure if there was something special to do for the mp3 burning for this radio..

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I've been having trouble with having things in different folders. If I throw everything in the /root folder, the disc plays fine. If I try to have things organized in different folders by Artist, the player in the car says "no data." I'm sure I'm doing something silly, but I haven't had time to figure it out yet.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I use Nero and have many discs with multiple folders, including some nested folders, and I just burn them as normal data discs. The discs all work fine in the factory deck. Shouldn't be any problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also burn with nero on the data function. it seems to work just fine. The only prob that I have is that some of the songs don't have a title but when you hit the text on the deck it shows the album name. Very minor thing I don't even pay attention anymore.

·
Registered
197 Posts
as to organizing...

I organize folders with artistname-albumname. the player, and most mp3 players for that matter, can't read into a filesystem much further than 1 folder. keep that in mind when burning CD's.

also, something I noticed with a few cd's that are all in the root directory... I have a few CD's that are like "Favorite (type of music) #1" or whatever and they're just a jumble of my favorite songs from said type of music, most of which I pulled off of albums I have on my computer. Anyways, if the file name is to long and there's multiple files that start with the same thing it cuts off the end of the file name and extends on the beginning. for instance, I have a lot of mighty mighty bosstone's cd's and I love almost all their songs, so most of their stuff is on my favorite ska CD. So let's say I pulled track 3 off of 5 of their 10 cd's that I have, there's 5 files that start with "05.themightymightybosstones-" and then the track name.mp3. So it cuts off most of the track name and makes it "05000.themighty..." and then "05001.themighty..." etc, etc. strange, but I noticed it. Thought I'd give the heads up!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks extc.. i'm using roxio right now and burning the mp3's in folders but I am finalizing the session.. and using disc at once.. instead of track by track.. have to see if this works in the car..

my problem wasn't that the text was messed up.. it was the fact is that the music would start playing and then nothing.. the time (counter) would continue to progress but NO music.. then other times it wouldn't play.. and then next time it would.. very strange.. i thought I had finalized the session last time.. but I will finalize (made sure) this disc that I'm burning now.. if nero works with a data cd and mp3's.. then roxio should work as well..

I'll post in a couple hours after I go out to the car..

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to burn everything and keep all the text info (artist, title, album) correct.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Wolo@Aug 22 2004, 03:24 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the best way to burn everything and keep all the text info (artist, title, album) correct.
hey wolo.. have you had problems playing the mp3's though?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I organize folders with artistname-albumname. the player, and most mp3 players for that matter, can't read into a filesystem much further than 1 folder. keep that in mind when burning CD's.[/b]
Not my MP3 CD Player. It can read up to 999 folders....

Has anyone tried using a CD-RW?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich+Aug 22 2004, 12:47 PM-->QUOTE (sciontc_mich @ Aug 22 2004, 12:47 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolo
@Aug 22 2004, 03:24 PM
hey wolo.. have you had problems playing the mp3's though? [/b]
If I throw everything in the /root folder, everything's fine.

If I try to separate things out in multiple folders, I've been having problems.

User error I'm sure.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by SilverX@Aug 22 2004, 04:17 PM
I organize folders with artistname-albumname. the player, and most mp3 players for that matter, can't read into a filesystem much further than 1 folder. keep that in mind when burning CD's.
Not my MP3 CD Player. It can read up to 999 folders....

Has anyone tried using a CD-RW? [/b][/quote]
I just burned a cd-rw (sony brand at 4x) with roxio and another software program called audio cleaning lab 2005.. It does work.. yet the problem is my radio.. 2 out of 3 inserts the radio will not read the disc.. the cd drive spins up and stops over and over.. and then I'll hear the popping noise of the laser.. it's trying to focus on the cd but it cannot.. i've heard the same noise on cd-rom drives and cd players when they go bad.. i burned it with iso 9660 and joliet (via roxio) standards.. reads both a 1/3 of the time.. definitely something up with my radio (4 days old).. I'll just go back to the dealer and have them put another one in after i show them it won't load.. then will..

wolo.. i did put them in folders and in the root to see which worked better.. no change.. sometimes it loads sometimes it doesnt.. i did burn them correctly in the first place.. oh well that's what a warranty is for

·
Registered
372 Posts
dbpoweramp to rip and NERO to burn. You need to have folders or you go crazy looking for the right music at the right time. That combination has served me very well.

Cheers!

Dan

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I tried another disc with the Musicmatch burner a bit ago. Multiple folders worked, but none of the names were showing up correctly. I know its got all the tags done right (album, title, artist, blah blah blah) but I keep getting a "No Name" message (or the like).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts