Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a single stack/level/normal Pioneer P6600 headunit in my car in a few hours. Will I have any problems mounting it into the double stack area where the old pioneer STOCK tc player went?

Is a mounting kit necessary? Could I get one from walmart or what not?

This is for a 2006 TC.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Look in www.crutchfield.com, i used their kit and it worked nicely, very easy install and gives you a nice little pocket as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
These are the model numbers for the dash kit and wiring harness from 3 different manufacturers...

Metra
70-1761 Harness
99-8209 Kit

American International
TWH-950 Harness
TOY-K969 Kit

Scosche
TA02 Harness
SCN2056 Kit

Depending on the unit, you might have to drill some holes in the brackets to make the HU fit behind the stereo door.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I am going to end up fabricating my own "kit" or what not. I have 5 new switches just hanging out the side of my dash for the cold cathode lights and the "Bass Kill" switch for when I see a cop. I think the switches would look AWESOME mounted right above the headunit.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Don't forget, you've got room for switches to the left of the steering wheel next to the sideview mirror control. I don't remember the particular model #, but there's a particular rocker switch that's an exact fit for the blank tabs there. I use it for my sub's remote wire. I got it from Lowe's, so it must be Gardner Bender (or whatever). If you're interested, I can look it up for you when I get home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.