Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the mounting depth of the optional Bazooka enclosure for the tC? I am trying to buy one and put an aftermarket (read: good) sub in it, but I need to know how deep of a sub would fit. Thanks!

-Marty

·
Registered
847 Posts
he probably likes the fact that it form fits into the space behind the wheel well... trying to build a custom box that does the same effect would be hard for anyone that doesnt know how... i would love to put the 2 memphis 12s i have into custom boxes that fit into the space on the sides of the hatch area, but i know nothing about fiberglass or how to form-fit... anyone want to help me?

sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by nY1018@Jan 12 2006, 05:05 PM
we should all go bring that thread back up from the dead.
It won't change anything and it definitely won't answer Marty's question.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I would really like to know the answer to the question that I asked. I have already tried the other routes and have yet to see any box for the tC that fits as well and looks as good as the optional Bazooka enclosure. So, like I said, I would like to know the mounting depth. If anyone who knows the mounting depth would like to tell me, or if anyone who has one would like to be so kind as to take out the sub and measure the depth from the inside of the opening to the back (bottom) of the box, I would REALLY appreciate it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
okay, marty. gimme a minute. next time just pm me for the straight sh!t. i'll have your answer two shakes.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
max mounting depth for a sub is 10". the box is not very square, so calculating airspace might be a bitch, but the rough dimensions are 10x22x11.

i hope that works for you as well as your mom does for me.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woot. d, you are the man.

It's just too bad my mom (who really does own a tC) didn't buy her tC from you. Cause that would be really funny.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 12 2006, 05:23 PM
max mounting depth for a sub is 10". the box is not very square, so calculating airspace might be a bitch, but the rough dimensions are 10x22x11.

i hope that works for you as well as your mom does for me.
HAHAHAHAHA wow D, that made me laugh.......good line...good line...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.