Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i'm new to the site.....Just recieved my tC 2 weeks ago tommorrow, Flint mica Auto and i am thrilled with the car......more than i ever thought i would be.

My question is what is the mounting depth for the speaker openings in the front, as well as the speaker opening dimensions?

I am planning to put a pair of Seas CA18RNX's in and they have an outter basket dimenison of 5.7" and an outter baffle dimension of 6.9" with a depth of 3". Will most likely add a 1/2" or 3/4" MDF mounting baffle as well for rigidity, and will be using Raammatt for deadening purposes.

Can anyone help with the dimenisons as the front speakers are rivited in and i would hate drill them out to take them out right now without having a replacement to put in for the time being.

These midbass/midrange drivers will be getting ~80rms a peice at 4ohms, will be paired with LPG 26na's and substage will be a 15" tempest in a fiberglass enclosure tuned very low for SQ purposes.

Thanks ahead of time.
Thomas

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Welcome but please do a search as I am almost certain most of these questions have been asked and likewise answered already. Thank you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After i posted it i did a search......Thanks for the reply as well, Found what i needed to know and looks like i wont have any problems fitting the drivers i want, and have already ordered them.....Now time to wait till i can install them and deaden the crap out of my doors. And make them sealed for IB use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.