Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought my rockford 30001bd(3000 watts rms) and 2 jl audio 13w7's but im having problems trying to figure out how to mount my amp so the back of the back seats so i can still fold them down. i know of a few ways to mount it in there but i cant come up with any that will let my amp fold down with the seats and that will look good at the same time. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I never think any amp mounted to the back of the seat looks good. You could just have to use some captive hardware on that hardboard that flips down on the seat. I think it would look much better mounted on a panel on the side of the trunk, or im not sure on the dimensions, but if it under 24" by 10" i think it will fit under the floor on the right side where I am mounting both of my amps. If is bigger than that the only place to mount it is to hte back of the seat, and i think you will just have to live with it, unless you build a custom box with the amp rack built in.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Do what i did and sink it into the foam.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
^^^bad idea if your amp gets hot that foam will melt to it, this will smell like ass and be a big fire concern. However, that amp isn't a top of the line so it won't be pushing much power so chances are it doesn't heat up much. His Rockford will. Personally, I built a mdf box to house my first amp in. I included that pic here, im working on my second amp box to house two amps in the same space.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Huh? There's actually a lot of venting room there. Especially with all those big vents and the fan on the top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.