Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
IMHO a half a second of a difference depends on more things than just knowing how to shift: how many people were in the car, what kind of gas did they put in it, how full was the tank, how cold/hot was it where they were making the test, was it windy and in what direction was the wind blowing . . . and so on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ryan, as far as the wind goes, looks like you've never been to Chicago

It is just half a second. All I'm trying to say is that there are so many things, that combined together could easily cause a difference like that.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Alright, I've done a little bit of homework on the magazines mentioned, to see if there's a discrepancy between 0-60 times of different cars, and here's what I've found.

2005 Ford Mustang GT
C&D: 5.2 S
R&T: 5.3 S
MT: 5.2 S

2005 Mazda3 5 door
C&D: 7.4 S
R&T: 8.0 S
MT: 7.8 S

2002 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
C&D: 7.3
R&T: 7.3
MT: 6.9

2003 Hyundai Tiburon
C&D: 7.1
R&T: 7.6
MT: 7.0

So, as you can see, there's really no one magazine that stands out as far as 0-60 acceleration is concerned.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Manufacturers are also known to send "ringers" to magazine tests. No Supra has ever duplicated the times and speeds shown by the '93 model that all the mags tested, and I have been told by a very reliable source that car had a "special" program in the ECM for magazine tests. I've heard the same thing about Chevrolets, especially Corvettes. In a market where performance is held at a premium, you'll see lots of interesting differences between magazine test results.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lousy shady manufacturers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.