Scion tC Forums banner

More pics of my tC

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  ebonick 
#1 ·

See less See more
#13 ·
car looks great, but I have mixed feelings about the winshield quote. What if Scion changes their slogan? It's just personal preference, but I don't like putting ANYTHING on the winshield. Maybe a tiny decal here and there, but nothing too bold. Car still looks great though.

#15 ·
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 23 2004, 08:00 AM
pics look great!

Per my request, Damon didn't let anyone drill holes in my bumper... I'll go as long as possible w/out doing that!
CALIFORNIA CODES
VEHICLE CODE
SECTION 5200-5206

5200. (a) When two license plates are issued by the department for
use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which
they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.
(b) When only one license plate is issued for use upon a vehicle,
it shall be attached to the rear thereof, unless the license plate is
issued for use upon a truck tractor, in which case the license plate
shall be displayed in accordance with Section 4850.5.

Section B may make you happy.
BUT, being issued one license plate typically means your a motorcycle owners, as they only get one plate. I guess you could argue with a cop however.

"Hello Officer, I was issued only a single license plate. According to the vehicle code 5200 section B, if issued one license plate it must be placed on the rear. Therefore officer, your reason for giving me a ticket is invalid."
Hopefully you can get away with that.

#19 ·
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Aug 23 2004, 09:50 AM
car looks great, but I have mixed feelings about the winshield quote. What if Scion changes their slogan? It's just personal preference, but I don't like putting ANYTHING on the winshield. Maybe a tiny decal here and there, but nothing too bold. Car still looks great though.
Yeah, I know what you're saying, but thats why I put it on the glass. I can always remove it if I want... but I just like that saying being a DJ and Dance music producer also. It kinda has double meaning for me. So, if scion changes its slogan, I may consider taking it off... but for now, I kinda like it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.