Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the details. shes been a friend of mine for awhile......but i know alot about this girl like she can drive really well and its not a 98 its a 01 with a manual. and it weights 3200lbs. Its probably going to go down friday night at the track. cheer me on guys I need the boost cause if I lose all hell well be upon me. meaning I just lost to a GIRL.
NAH im going to kick her ass.
I hope!

·
Registered
197 Posts
...I'm sorry to say it dude, but I really think you're gonna loose... I mean, if the car was just pushing more power to the wheels it'd be possible but those bimmers are hitting high numbers at the wheels, stock.

I hope you prove my wrong but speaking from personal experience, I bet you're gonna lose. I ran my auto with no power adjustments against my friend's manual 1988 325is 2 door and he pulled ahead. Not by much, a manual tC would keep up, but a lot's chanced in those cars in those 13 years...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Strange enough, I actually was researching the 2001+ 325Ci manual 0-60 and from multiple sites, the average seemed to be around 7.1 secs give or take a couple of tics. And the 1/4 mile time is 15.4 give or take a couple of tics. So I'm guessing you're gonna be behind the bimmer by .3 to .5 seconds. (seeing that the tc does it in 7.4 / 15.7) So driver skill aside, on paper the 325Ci wins. BUT, with some of the tips below, you can give yourself a fighting chance! Update us soon with the results!!!

Here some tips to beat her...make sure your car is empty....no extra weight (race with a low tank of gas, take out the spare tire, or if you really need all the help you can get, head rests. carpets???) make sure your car is properly warmed up, and that is it broken in (at least 1000 miles or so on the engine) and make sure your tires are warm, clean air filter...etc.

bmw = 16.9 lbs/ hp vs. tc = 17.8 lbs/ hp

but if you take out the spare tire (20 lbs) and run with 4 gallons of gas instead of 14 (savings of 60 lbs) you can get your car down to approx. 2800 lbs, or 17.1 lbs/hp...much closer to the bmw.

Those tips are cost free, but if you want to spend a lil money...short shifter, cai, exhaust, supercharger (listed in increasing price and performance benefit)

Here are some additional tips for you racers out there!

Remember, be safe and GOOD LUCK!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

http://www.modernracer.com/tips/dragracingbasics.html

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Rear seat cushion just comes out - it's hanging by 2 clips. Rear seatbacks are on 6 bolts as far as I remember. Front passenger seat is on 5 bolts - easy to take out, but can be a witch to put back in if you accidentally move the rails. That would be another 100lbs or so.

·
Registered
51 Posts
exhale heavily.... eat light, drop some friend off by the pool beforehand.

Good luck. .3 seconds is driver race, you can beat her because men are better.
(Sorry all the heavy footed femme fatales)

Ps. just kidding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts