Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how much the TRD tc springs cost from the dealer, how much they lower the car, and if the lowering package includes struts/shocks?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hi... Welcome to this site. The TRD springs installed should cost only $300 bucks. They are supposed to lower the car approx... 1.2 inches. THere is no lowering "package" available... but you can purchase each items separately from the dealers.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Be careful, most dealers are charging INSANE amounts for the install. Please, do not order your springs until you have a quote IN WRITING that is satisfactory to you. The job should be at MOST 2 hours for an experienced tech, do not pay for more than 2 hours of labor ....... trust me. - T

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I agree with T! The dealer will try to take you for that install... seriously, I bet you could get a cheaper install at Monroe or Midas.... something like that. If they try to charge you for more than 2hours at the going rate... buy your springs from another site and either do them yourself (which is easy on a new car) or go to an independent shop! Good luck!

·
Registered
936 Posts
yea, FrostByte has a good point in the fact that an experienced friend can help you do the job for zero dollars. Its a lot of fun and really isnt to complicated! Feeling mechanically adventurous? haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
1st post...WooHoo!!!!

I'll be buying a TC in the next couple of weeks, and I've been investigating the cost of having the TRD springs installed at the dealership. THey want 200 for the springs, 6 Hours of [email protected]$70, then a $90 4 wheel alignment. $700 dollars over all. It's insane. I live in Indy and 2 dealers have given me the same price so far.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey uzael, welcome to the site!

6 hours!!??!?!! Are they insane? If i had to pay 700 for the springs, i'd feel raped. I think it's pretty clear that this is one item that should not be bought and installed at the dealer. I totally agree with T and Frostbyte on this one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by uzael@Aug 17 2004, 06:11 AM
1st post...WooHoo!!!!

I'll be buying a TC in the next couple of weeks, and I've been investigating the cost of having the TRD springs installed at the dealership. THey want 200 for the springs, 6 Hours of [email protected]$70, then a $90 4 wheel alignment. $700 dollars over all. It's insane. I live in Indy and 2 dealers have given me the same price so far.
Thats a ridiculous price. I got quote ~900.00 for springs, strut bar, sway bar, and autodimm mirror. That price includes the install. And yes, I know I need it in writing. But still......I would drive to another town for a better dealer if you need to.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I just won't be getting lowering springs =P

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a quote from another place here in town (not a dealer) and they only want $200 to install them. I've never had a vehicle lowered before, so should I get a camber kit or an alignment?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by uzael@Aug 17 2004, 10:32 AM
I just got a quote from another place here in town (not a dealer) and they only want $200 to install them. I've never had a vehicle lowered before, so should I get a camber kit or an alignment?
Supposedly you will not need a camber kit with the springs. After your springs settle----a few weeks usually----you might want to get an alignment.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by uzael@Aug 17 2004, 11:32 AM
200 for the part or just labor?? The TRD springs cost about 200 themselves from the dealers...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Thats still expensive... hmm... my install cost was only like 96 bucks... but then my dealer went with a third party vendor to do it...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts