Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after searching through 6 pages of results about moonroof problems, I've decided to just ask. My moonroof's been acting as if there's something stopping it; when I start to close it, it gets about halfway there, so I push the button again (normal), and then when it starts to go, it'll stop, and go all the way back again. I realize that it's supposed to do that if it finds something stopping it, but I've looked at the tracks, and found nothing. Tthe only way I can get it to close is by pushing down on the wind deflector manually a couple of times, and then trying again. I'm going to the dealership on Monday for the deflector fix, and gonna ask them, but was curious if anyone has had a similar experience.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yea, i did too, its bc the screw is loose and it needs oil, sometin like that.. thats wat it said wen i took it in, b4 that, i had to push the front part down by force and than close it.. jammed my finger once, which made me go to the dealer >_<

·
Registered
508 Posts
mine has done that before also. it just hasn't done it enough to irritate me to the point of taking it in to be checked. keep us up to date on what they do to fix it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine did the same thing, took it in, they re-lubed it, said if it happens again that they will have to replace the rails, it just happened last week, its been about 2 months since i took it in, so i will let them know again, the way i get mine to close is after the first stopping point, (when it stops half ways through closing it) tap the button two or three times to get it completely closed, just finish off the second half of closing in little intervals, but definitely have the dealer take care of it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.