Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my tC for about 3 weeks now (black cherry). I'm really diggin it. Very fun to drive. The only issued I have at this point is can best be described as a "popping" sound coming from the Moonroof area when I go over bumps in the road. Does not happen all the time, but noticed it with the moonroof opened or closed. Any other tC owners out there that have experienced this yet?

·
Registered
793 Posts
First off....GRATS on your tC and WELCOME to the site!!

Secondly, check this post for info on the moonroof....

*Edit: Oh yeah, be sure to read all of the pages...the discussion is sorta' mixed in with other comments.

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127

You're not the only one with that problem, but it seems as though it's "fixable."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks loopy_lady, i just read the other folks comments. Sounds like it might be something that i have to live with.....

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by brick@Jul 26 2004, 07:51 AM
thanks loopy_lady, i just read the other folks comments. Sounds like it might be something that i have to live with.....
Brick, that was not the intent of LoopLady's post. She meant for you to see that many others have had the same problem, and therefore there is a solution. Please bring your Scion to the dealer and ask them if they have the fix from Scion that involves a re-tourqe of the sunroof bolts from rear to front. - T

·
Registered
999 Posts
The only problems I know of the tC is the moonroof and the lackof coldness from the A/C.

Moonroof can be fixed with the re-torque, said by tCrazy.
A/C can be colder if you ask the dealer to add more freon. Supposidely the first batch didn't have much of it in it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I definitely hear rattles from the sunroof, I guess I'll take it to the dealership (they still owe me wheel locks and leather shift knob). I'm not sure about A/C complains though, I usually keep it at level 1 or 2 and it gets pretty cool inside.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I also hear a rattle... its quite consistent and happens almost everytime I go over small bumps (like a driveway). My sales rep. told me to take the service ppl on a ride with me so that they can hear it... Hopefully they can fix it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Went to the dealer today about the popping sounds in the sunroof, they supposedly tightened some screws....haven't heard it since I left, but I doubt that'll last...btw I first called Scion cust serv. about it to report the issue and they in turn contacted the dealership, then the dealership contacted me to make an appt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I'm new here. I am having the popping rattling noise with my 2 month old '09 TC. It has been looked at twice and I was now told by the Toyota Rep that I have to live with it. It is characteristic of this car. I said well where do I go from here since you don't want to fix it and your not giving me any options. I was told to go through arbitration. So I am waiting for the paperwork and I am talking to a lawyer. The rep was no help and neither was the dealer. I am very disappointed of Scion/Toyota at this point. The car has only 600 miles on it. I live in N.J. and mostly all roads are bumps so I can only drive with the top closed to stop the noise.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
If you feel your local Scion dealer is not handling the issue properly then I would recommend talking to Scion Corporate. You can call them at 1 866 70 SCION.

Contact Information

1 - 10 of 10 Posts