Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i get home, and i got this letter from Scion in the mail...

Dear Scion Customer:
this notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Toyota has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2005 and early 2006 model year Scion tC vehicles....etc, etc.

It goes on to say that i have to take in the vehicle to my local dealership to have the wind deflector specially laminated at no additional costs so that it reduces the possibilities of shattering if struck by a projectlie, road debris, etc. when driving on the highway if and when the moonroof is open and the deflector is in the upright position... It will take approximately an hour for the installation... they recommend that for the time being, until the installation is performed, that I drive with the moonroof closed...

Has anyone else here gotten this letter in the mail??? and if so, has anyone taken their tC in for the lamination coating to the wind deflector??? How'd it turn out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.