Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering. I don't remember this happening the first few times, so I thought I'd ask if this was normal or not.

When I open my moonroof, it stops at the "cracked" position. Then when I hit it again, it opens about 80% of the way, then stops. I have to hit the button 3 times to get it to open completely.

Now, I know it does the same thing when closing, it stops about 75% of the way (safety reasons, I'm sure), but what is up with it opening?

Is there something wrong with mine? Or is that normal? I mean, what is the point of having "automatic open" when I have to hit the button 3 times. Oh yeah, on the last hit, I have to actually HOLD it down to open it up fully.

Lemme know if I'm losing my marbles, or if something is wrong with it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
got this one for you. the first stop is the vented position, for when you dont want it open, but you want the air flow. one more push opens it to the perfect setting for reducing cabin noise and vibrations. you may hit it a thrid time to open it more if you want, but it increases the noise in the cabin while on the freeway, for sure. the stop when closing it is a pinch-protect, a safety thing that all toyota's have. my matrix does it as well.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
This got me when I first got it, but I learned what D has said, and now I understand.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i never thought about this... so you can't open the moonroof to any other "setting"? like on my teggy, i can push the button and it opens to whenever i stop pushing the button. so that means i can have it open 26%, 47% 82% etc....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.