Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've checked my manual before starting a new topic, but couldn't find anything. The second time you tap the button for the moonroof, the first being the one just for the tilt, it automatically slides back, but it seems to stop at about 2/3 of the way. Is it supposed to do that, or is there something wrong with mine? Anyway, sorry again for starting a topic for just this one question.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The theory is that at that 2/3 of the way spot you get the least wind noise cause the air flows nicely over the front "spoiler" and does not drop into the car, but instead hits the edge of the actual moonroof and continues on its way. IMHO it's still noisy as hell, but it's my first car with a moonroof.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's that bad. Starts to get annoying at about 65mph, but there's construction everywhere anyway, so I can't speed too much. But yeah, I was just opening it today, when it hit me that there's nothing about it in the manual, so maybe it shouldn't be happening. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It mentions it in the owner's manual, and I've felt/heard it too. If you let it stop when it does (about 2 inches shy of fully opened), it cuts down on "whooping". It really sucks when it starts doing that.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i read something in the manual i do believe, that says it stops partway to avoid "wind throbs". Whatever those are

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wind throb are pulses of air that you can hear and feel. They're extremely annoying, so it's a good thing that the moonroof has this feature to avoid them. It almost feels like the air in the car is being sucked out and forced back in very quickly. I have an 01 Maxima - and if i'm cruising with the roof open i get wind throbs all the time - the only way to stop it is to open the windows anywhere between a crack or all the way.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Feb 2 2005, 11:00 PM
I find that the 2/3 setting is great at cutting down on noise.
I concur.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Feb 2 2005, 11:37 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Feb 2 2005, 11:37 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Feb 3 2005, 12:25 AM
I concur.
That's twice in one day!! [/b]
Your Apple comment negates both of the instances of concurring.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The sunroof on this car is actually quite a bit louder than the sunroof on my old MX3, even at the 2/3 setting. I guess the airflow differences are pretty big. In the MX3, I could have the sunroof open even when it was raining, and no water would get into the cabin...anyone want to try that with their tC and report back here?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Feb 2 2005, 11:41 PM
Your Apple comment negates both of the instances of concurring.
Don't be mad because you are stuck in the PC world.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Feb 3 2005, 01:15 PM
"stuck" in the PC world with 50x more software
Name something you think you can;t find for OS X. Do it.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Feb 3 2005, 11:24 PM
Half-Life 2....
Ok, fine but most games are also on OS X. I was thinking more along the lines of productivity. If somebody wants to game I recommend a Windows machine, I'm not an Apple nazi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.