Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralliart

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i don't post very much here but i thought you guys might want to hear about this one. On Dec. 30th the Guam Dragstrip is going to have a free grudge racing event. so me and my buddy in his tC decided that we would duke it out there legally and get it on vid. I'm still bone stock and intend to be for this race, he has Injen CAI, Megan Racing Header, and Injen Exhaust. He also ordered an S-pipe but we don't know if it'll make it here in time for the Big Event. Here is the link if anyone would like to keep up with it on our local forum: http://www.forum.dragguam.com/viewtopic.php?t=5561

anyways, i'll post the results and the vid after the 30th. i'm curious as to what you guys' opinion is on what will happen. what do you guys think the outcome will be? by the way, this site is a great site and very informative. i intend to keep this thread informative and not bash on either car. so please keep the bashing out of it. the "#### talk" on our local forum is nothing to be concerned about. me and my buddy are best friends and that's just what we do on the local forum. "#### talk".

brad

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
US spec Lancer Ralliart:
Curb weight 2922 lbs
HP 162

tC:
Curb weight 2905 lbs
HP 160

Which one of you weighs more? This is a driver's race if I ever saw one.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Right, but if one of these guys is a 270 lb lineman and the other is a 125 lb pencil neck geek, there's going to be a big weight advantage.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 17 2005, 09:44 PM
Right, but if one of these guys is a 270 lb lineman and the other is a 125 lb pencil neck geek, there's going to be a big weight advantage.
A lot of the time, it's such a great thing I weigh just 165lb.

-Ed

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
[OT] Back in the 80's there was a guy named "Pee Wee" Gleason. He did all the drag strip testing for the motorcycle manufacturers because he weighed 125 lbs in full leathers.[/OT]

The small advantage the exhaust may give will not be too significant here. I seriously doubt the intake will be worth anything measureable (I still have to do that when Sac Raceway reopens - test them). It's really going to be a driver's race.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
both cars are manual and the specs you listed are for the new 2006 ralliarts. they weigh a bit more than the 2005 model like mine. mine weighs in at 2843. i'm a little heavier than he is, i'm not fat or anything just he's a smaller guy than me, but with me in mine, and him in his, my car comes out with less weight. but with those aftermarket goodies, i'm guessing he's dropped a few pounds and it might be about even now. anyways, we know it'll prob. come down to a driver's race. but what car do you THINK would win. i mean, all things being equal. at least what car do you think has the edge. keep in mind the whp these cars put out.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Ralliartist@Dec 17 2005, 10:40 PM
both cars are manual and the specs you listed are for the new 2006 ralliarts. they weigh a bit more than the 2005 model like mine. mine weighs in at 2843. i'm a little heavier than he is, i'm not fat or anything just he's a smaller guy than me, but with me in mine, and him in his, my car comes out with less weight. but with those aftermarket goodies, i'm guessing he's dropped a few pounds and it might be about even now. anyways, we know it'll prob. come down to a driver's race. but what car do you THINK would win. i mean, all things being equal. at least what car do you think has the edge. keep in mind the whp these cars put out.
I want to see the gearing charts for both cars, what tires are on both cars and then I can make a guess based upon an assumption of fairly even driver skills between the two of you.

-Ed

·
Registered
539 Posts
I think it goes to the tC hif he can drive it right...Im sure he does get around 10-15 whp with his mods...But on the otherhand the tC may lose only because of the gearing....tC stock=15.8-15.9...ralliart stock= around the same so the results should more likely be tC>ralliart by .1-.3 seconds

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tC Gearing Ralliart Gearing
1st: 3.538 1st: 3.583
2nd: 2.045 2nd: 1.947
3rd: 1.333 3rd: 1.379
4th: 0.972 4th: 1.03
5th: 0.775 5th: 0.82

he has 17" Rota "burnout" rims with Nankangs/ 205/40/17s for tires.
i have the stock 16" ralliart rims with the stock Goodyear Eagle RSA's 205/50/16

there are the specs so we can get technical. lol. let me know you guys' thoughts. so far we got the tC picked to win. i should start a poll.

there is your gearing side by side! let me know what you think!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Ralliartist@Dec 18 2005, 12:44 AM
he has 17" Rota "burnout" rims with Nankangs/ 205/40/17s for tires.
I seriously hope this is a misprint. 205/40/17 is way wrong for a tC. It should be 215/45/17. If it really is the smaller size, WHY?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, the tires are small and a bad size for a tC. But for $400 not a bad deal, knowing I bought from someone that only had them for a month and a half. I just bought them on Friday! I wont be running these tires too long, I plan on upgrading them after I throw lowering spring on it in about 3 weeks.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.