Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive had my car for about 3-4 weeks now and i have about 1100 miles and i havent got my first oil change yet, im going to get it soon. my tc is an automatic.

heres my question: lately when i start my engine for the first minute or two the engine will start shaking slightly, not very noticeably but if i paid close attention i could feel as if the engine was choking or as if it was misfiring, has this ever happened to u guys? like it feels like it is struggling to breath, the thing shakes strangely kinda. do u know what could have caused this? does this mean i should get my oil change soon? if anyone could give me info on this that would be awesome thanks..

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Check to see if there's any large objects in the air filter that might be causing obstructions. Sounds like it's not getting enough air. What kind of fuel are you using also? Any modifications to the engine?

When in doubt, call the dealership and go have them check it out.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
The engine sometimes idles rough when on cold cycle. Usually when it is colder outside, like below 50F. Don't stress over the small stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.