Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, finally got my car... thank god!... as you can see, i have posted a photo of my new tc along with a friend's 350z...

i just wanted to share with you some few things that i don't know if you are already aware of...

>my precious...

>my tc and my friend's 350z

>this is my interior...

>and this is his...

the points:
1. interior features have so many similarities... ex. dashboard, radio cover,... i don't what the others are called... but just look at it... they almost look the same...
2. both of us (me and my friend) both agree that the driving position and feel are very much alike... he said it felt like he was in his 350z when he was driving my tc.
3. he likes my radio cover better that his... that way it moves...
4. he likes my ac controls (digital) better that his...
5. he was impressed with the quality of the interior comparing to his...
6. but when i drove his car to see any more difference... of course, his was more powerful than mine.
7. but still, mine's $14,000.00 less and that's my main point.

additionally, he was very envious that i had sunroof...

don't get me wrong, his car is excellent... i like it very much... that car is one of the things that inpired and convinced me to choose the tc... and knowing all this now, just made me become proud of my tc so much more...

----------

the silver color especially if it has ground effects and the spoiler, looks very hot in personal that in pictures... i never expected that i would end up with it... the flint, was my first choice, and then the indigo... i saw and test drove all of them on different days... they were both handsome colors... but when i saw the silver, god!.. it was love at first sight...

so... here it is... my very own silver streak Scion tC!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Awsome car, well both of 'em. My neighbor who's a pretty cool guy has a 350z that color also, or a color similar to that. BTW that signature is pretty damn sweet.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
....drool......eye twitch......drool.........

·
Registered
793 Posts
Wow, you weren't kidding...there really ARE a lot of similarities. Hehe, and you could almost have a tC and a xA or xB for the price of his one car.

Grats on your tC....VERY nice looking car!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks like you have the 5 speed manual trany...how does it shift? Compare it to other cars you have owned...I figured that it's out of the toyota parts bin, but that's ok...how did it compare to the Z?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there's a huge difference on how each car "run." the z of course accelerates like hell... you'd feel your being pushed back towards the seat. never on the tc though... but i think it depends on how one drives... the tc's new, so i don't wanna push it hard right away... but, it accelerates very well though, better that the focus, mazda3, and the matrix that i've test driven when i was canvassing for cars... it had "more" pull in when your starting off...

i had a corolla 95 before, and i'd say there's a huge amount of increase in acceleration/speed level with the tc especially on the 2nd gear... i just kinda hate the first gear though... engine's noisy and it feels like your moving slower from the inside...

with regards to your question... tc shifting is fairly smooth... z's a little better... the z if you notice has a shorter shift lever... making it somewhat easier to maneuver... and on the tc... sometimes i'm having a hard time when shifting to reverse...

but the car is absolutely relatively fast for it's kind though... you should see it for yourself...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sigh, my friend is annoying. He's a Z nut and he's bashing the interior of the tC, calling unoriginal (copy of the Z). Anyone know who was the first to design the waterfall radio unit?

Z's are too widebodied for me, your tC looks better.

·
Registered
675 Posts
to me the Z doesn't flow as well.. there are "areas".. like here is the instruments (speedo, tach, etc).. then here's the steering wheel.. now over here is the radio..
nothing flows.. the tC flows well... all integrated not with seperate areas.. I like the tC better.. seems more "useable and livable" day to day.. where the Z looks like it could get on someone's nerves over the long haul.. just my .02..

edit: Love the silver also.. once i saw it in person.. it's awesome!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
silver streak represent

1 - 19 of 19 Posts