Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, last year I think chrysler/jeep had a big military discount (like $500+) on their vehicles, and was curious if anyone had heard anything like this for the scion? I'm stationed overseas now, but will be buying a new car when I rotate back CONUS. I've been researching and like what I hear/see about this new tC from toyota/scion. Thanks for any replies.

LCpl/USMC

2000 hyundai Elantra GLS
5spd

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry, I don't think there is a military discount of any kind with Scions. The only discount I'm aware of is the recent graduate discount which I was able to get. It's only 400 bucks and it requires you to finance the car through Toyota which was fine because they offered the lowest interest rate for the car.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I must say, I have no clue as to the answer however I hope there is one because people like yourself who defended our country should get the damn car for free in my opinion.
Hope everything works out, and they give a big fat discount to you soldier. - T

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 1 2004, 12:57 PM
Ok did some research, the discount is $500.00....
thats great news, not for me, but in general. good work TCrazy.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Aug 1 2004, 01:55 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Aug 1 2004, 01:55 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TCrazy
@Aug 1 2004, 12:57 PM
Ok did some research, the discount is $500.00....
thats great news, not for me, but in general. good work TCrazy. [/b]
bah, the way I figured it......the troops are out there to protect our freedom the least I could do was do some footwork for the answer!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by JZA70@Aug 1 2004, 03:11 PM
damn i asked my dealer if they offer discounts for service members and he said scion was haggle-free...
think he might be bs'ing you.....if they can give gradutate discounts then they ought give service memeber discounts as well. go back and ask for the discount again and if they give you the same bs again, i'd call scion on their toll number which is 1-866-707-2466 or toyota customer service.

liz

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz+Aug 1 2004, 04:19 PM-->QUOTE (bizzyliz @ Aug 1 2004, 04:19 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-JZA70
@Aug 1 2004, 03:11 PM
damn i asked my dealer if they offer discounts for service members and he said scion was haggle-free...
think he might be bs'ing you.....if they can give gradutate discounts then they ought give service memeber discounts as well. go back and ask for the discount again and if they give you the same bs again, i'd call scion on their toll number which is 1-866-707-2466 or toyota customer service.

liz [/b]
great advice Liz

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks tcrazy

reason i suggest this is bc i bought a $1695 warranty from TFS, later i found out scion's same platinum warranty is $1125, so i called back the dealership and they said "oh prices vary from dealership to dealership" so i told them that i dont want the warranty anymore bc they cant give me the warranty at the price listed on the scionsolutions website. Few days later they said i could get it at that price so i accept it.

If they want your business they will do anything to give you what you want, if they wont give you the discount for being in the military then walk right out of there.
Either go back later or go to another dealership that is willing to do anything to give you what you want to buy their cars.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by JZA70@Aug 1 2004, 05:44 PM
heh... well wish i woulda known earlier cause i already got my tC. not that big a deal i guess
seriously, if you dont go back and get the $500.00.........ill call up Scion myself and do it for you. Dont short-change yourself man, it would be a tragedy if you let people screw you after you defended their freedom

·
Registered
425 Posts
well i'll bring it up when i bring the car back again this week and hopefully they'll be able to do something for me. i'm still in college (rotc) so i *technically* won't be in the service until graduating, but i've already contracted and have my military ID and everything... no harm asking. thanks tcrazy

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a Military discount. I am in the military and I just got my SCION on Sat. I absolutely love the car and all my friends love the car. They keep fighting over who is going to sit in the back seat and not the front! How weird is that? it used to be who could sit in the front.. anyways, The discount is $500. I didn't even have to ask for it. The dealership did all the work as far as footwork and finding out if there actually was one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts