Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have had my tc 2006 silver, automatic for exactly 2 weeks now, 14 days, and well i already have 800 miles on my car.

the miles have bascially came from freeway trips from LOS ANGELES to SAN DIEGO. These trips were probably 2 hours each in time.

throughout my entire driving i have kept it under 4000 rpm for the break in safety. However, i was wondering if my excessive driving could cause any sort of problem? the fastest i had driven so far was 80mph and that stays at 3000rpm, so at first i thought that was fine.

But just for some reassurance, should i stay under a certain mph? or should i mostly worry about staying under 4000rpm?

Basically, is it alright? should i change my habit of driving, should i drive slower? drive less? take breaks? should i wait a minute before i turn off my engine? should i wait a minute after starting my engine?

·
Registered
291 Posts
The break-in suggestions are in the owners manuel....just don't over do the RPM's.
Your car should be great just how your treating it!
My car is 2 weeks 2 days old and already has 1300 miles!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha thanks guys

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i dont really understand the stress associated with putting miles on a car. i mean, thats exactly why i bought a car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
lol. Got my car Oct 26, and just got my first service (5000) for my car on saturday. Service receipt has me at 5400. One freakin' month. I've been putting in work. Talk about breaking it in the first month.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
5000 miles in one month? thats super. since you arent afraid to drive it, you should add a few more miles by driving up to norcal for an event.
corona? we were practically neighbors. i spent 12 years in riverside. used to go into corona to pick up "pharmaceuticals."

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have about 10k on my car, and I've had it for almost a year now. I guess when you're gone as much as I have been, you don't get a chance to put many miles on your car.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Nov 28 2005, 10:14 AM
used to go into corona to pick up "pharmaceuticals."
Greg's mom used to live in corona? COOL!

·
Registered
406 Posts
You might need to hook me up with your street pharmacist. I have to drive down to La Mirada or Cerritos to get my weekly dose of medicine. That's probably why I already have 5k on it. The things we do for an altered state of mind. lol. I'm always down for a norcal trip.

I just hope I don't hit 100k in 2 years, or else my warranty is up lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
10.2k in seven months. BS real estate price mean looong commute.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by tCrease@Nov 28 2005, 01:49 PM
You might need to hook me up with your street pharmacist. I have to drive down to La Mirada or Cerritos to get my weekly dose of medicine. That's probably why I already have 5k on it. The things we do for an altered state of mind. lol. I'm always down for a norcal trip.

I just hope I don't hit 100k in 2 years, or else my warranty is up lol.

postal service.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.