Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Think about this, they drive the car off the factory floor, probably test drive it to make sure all is well, drive it onto truck to send it to port, drive it off boat to put on ship, drive off ship onto another truck, drive it off lot.

Mine came with about 3 miles on it. 5 miles is nothing to complain about really. Now if it had like a 100 or something then yeah complain. Now when I got my car I bought it before it was even on the lot, so nobody could test drive it I was the first "real" driver of the car. If you found the car on the lot then somebody might have test drove it. Pure Pricing has nothing to do with them letting somebody test drive the car.

Cheers!
~Michael

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there is no way anyone is going to discount anything for 5 miles. it comes off the truck with 2 miles on it, is driven to the dealership for a pre delivery inspection, then to the lot, maybe on a test drive or two if it has been there long enough before someone buys it, and then down to the gas station for a full tank of gas (they are shipped with less than half a tank) and back to the dealer for a detail prior to you driving it away. mostly our cars have about 5 miles on them, but it is not unusual for them to have more. we do dealer trades to get cars for people and they come in with the miles it takes to drive them to or from. and of course we allow test drives, would you buy a car without driving it first? i would hope not. we sold our decked out demo with just under 1K on it and there was no mileage "discount". there was a demo "re-price", but no mileage discount. you most likely wont find any dollars off of anything for an odometer reading of less than 500 miles. considering the car should last for 250K miles if maintained, 500 is nothing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was able to test drive a tC...drove it for about 10 miles..it had 50 on it when I started the drive....then the next day I went back to go buy it and someone was in the process of buying it...I think it depends on the dealership..sometimes they only let you drive the demo..sometimes they let you drive ones in the lot..5 miles is to be expected for sure!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Like LaVaism said, a discount FOR 5 MILES!? It might even be 2.5 miles to the gas station and another 2.5 miles back. I know my dealer went to the gas station to fill mine up before I got there and it had just came off the truck the day before and set aside for me. And of course they allow test drives. I'd guess we all test drove one before buying it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
she got a $1000 discount because there is enough dealer profit in them to drop the price down. dealers use any excuse you want them to in order to drop the price by cutting into profit. its like when they tell you you trade in is worth 4K and when you say you need lower payments they come back and say they will give you more for your trade. no they arent. your trade didnt magically appreciate in the time it took them to walk in to the manager and back out to you. they cut there profit and tell you what you want to hear in order to close the deal. my matrix had 427 when i picked it up.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Mine had 2mi when I picked it up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
my 06 tc had 2 miles on it..

ordered it, and now it has 850

i love the fact that i have driven all but two miles on my car. it feels to me that its my car not one that some kid drove hard on a demo. funny tho

·
Registered
181 Posts
When i picked up my 06, it had 3 miles on it. I then drove it out of the lot and within feet it turned to 4 miles. O well, nothin to complain about. Brand new and nothing wrong with it. Anything between 3-6 miles means its new and has had now CUSTOMER test drives. Thats a good thing. If it has 50 or so on it, then that means people have been drving your future dream car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 7 2005, 02:45 PM
we sold our decked out demo with just under **1K** on it and there was no mileage "discount". .
1k=1000 1 km=1 kilometer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.