Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a 2005 TC, in about 5 months or so. But, I am now thinking I will wait till the 2006 comes out. First year of a car is not always the best thing. Glitchs, bugs, you name it, there will be problems. I know some of you like to rock the new car on the block. I am rethinking, and I might just wait. Tell me what you think?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Do whatever you feel is best for you. If you can wait then wait. My previous car was dying so I couldn't wait or I probably would have waited until after I graduated from college.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was going to wait for the second model year also, but my car died. Though the tC seems to be doing fine nobody seems to have any other problems besides some rattles and the sunroof snap.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Its up to you what you plan to do... but I think the first year model is great (except for the moon/sunroof thing). I like having a 1st year car because when you report problems, they are more likely to fix them than to say... thats normal... live with it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I practically drove my focus from the repair shop to the scion dealership. I had taken my car in for fuel pump replacement(again!) and started thinking about getting a new car while they were fixing it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
My car could have last a little bit longer, but I didn't feel like pushing my luck with it. And with the A/C having been out for a long time now, and the hot weather we're having, I said, "Enough already!"

·
Registered
44 Posts
i dont think i couldve waited till the second tC model to come out because my integra was jus having too much problems...... but i think that i made a good choice in buying the first generation tC because imo, i think scion will slowly but surely increase the price on it...... as there are more and more demands for the car, toyota will boost up the price maybe 500 or so...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've been waiting for a little over 3 weeks for my tC, and let me tell you, the anticipation is killing me. I roll in my sleep at night. I wake up restless, dazed and confused (zeppelin pun). Well, not really, but I am really anxious about getting it, and there is NO way in hell would I be able to wait another year for this car. Sure, it might have its bugs and jitters, but as soon as the fix comes out, the dealer will fix it, and I don't mind taking that extra trip, especially 'cuz the dealer is litereally 5 min away from my house. So that said, i don't think you should wait for another year, just based on the "bugs" issue. This is a toyota, don't forget.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts