Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy mismatched drag races, batman!

in order to avoid traffic on hwy 99 i cut through some connectors in downtown and midtown, and along a couple back street short-cuts. industrial type looking places, the kind of place that is under the freeway overpass. empty, dark, stop signs.
and me and a cadillax ext.
i actually had changed lanes and pulled beside him so i could jump off the line real quick and get in front of it. i wanted to turn right up the road a bit, and i didnt want to be stuck behind a lumbering SUV. so i jumped. not hard, just like you all do when you want to get in front. and then i realize he's getting on it. i didnt see that sh!t coming. so i step on mine, and at about 5Krpm in 2nd i am ahead for good. so he does it again at the next light. same results. that thing rolls with a 6.0L, 345hp AWD w/ Stabilitrack (all speed traction control). good thing its heavy.

i mean, lets not over-estimate the "sport" in SUV.

·
Registered
539 Posts
well almost the same thing has happened to me, i was at a red light and wanted to get on the left lane (i was in the right)...there was a large chevy pickup next to me so when it hit green i pushed my car a lil bit and tried cutting off the truck, then he mashes his pedals and is side by side with me and i slow down again...I try to get behind him and he hits his brakes also, so I downshift and take off on him and then comes a stupid cop...got a 192 dollar careless driving ticket...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Stock tC lbs per HP: 18.75
Heavy ass Escalade EXT lbs per horsepower: 17

That's pretty stinkin' close, but I choose 30 MPG and a 1/3rd the cost.

Add a S/C to the tC and you get 14.28 lbs per HP. tC wins.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Never underestimate big engines in big, heavy cars. Especially if it's a top speed contest. AMHIK.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, how do you know, lance?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
A Lincoln Continental and I got into a high speed race a long time ago on my Honda 1100F. I thought it would be easy to dust him. I was really wrong...those things are lot faster than you might think.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the supra is a toyota product. the honda 1100F is a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
torque>*

:truestory:

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Torque doesn't make fast. Torque x rpm does.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
how do you know? (I jsut liek asking lance how he knows stuff
)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Nov 14 2005, 04:10 PM
Torque doesn't make fast. Torque x rpm does.
aaaaaaand thats horsepower!!

But torque is the force that causes acceleration.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Nov 15 2005, 07:54 AM
^^^ You are wrong. Acceleration is caused by ducks.
Very correct, sir. And ducks don't have thumbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I didn't read much other than that you whooper his SS after the A, but I did the same thing to a guy in an explorer with the vanity plate: FAST SUV. I have an automatic tC and it just had to have sucked when I whipped him, when u lose to a japanese automatic 4-banger... I am not sure how it feels but when u have "FAST SUV" on the front (and back) of your SUV, u shouldn't be losing to a Scion tC...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.