Scion tC Forums banner

Me vs 325ci

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  iGod 
#1 ·

seeing the DINAN badge on the back of a BMW always makes me smile. and, i bet the driver of said bmw would have been smiling too, if that dinan badge had translated into him actually being able to keep up with me. sorry, buddy, but you are just a little too fat to get by a supercharged tC. i opened on him consistently from our initial point of contact (BUS80E, letter streets) through the s-curves before arden, did the 160 merge thing and let him get beside me. seemed to take it pretty well, he smiled really big and gave me a nod. and tried to outrun me one more time. when i passed him on the inside at 90 around the marconi curve, he flashed his highbeams at me to signal defeat.
then exited with me at auburn, prompting me to pull over. nice guy, wondering what was up with my little japanese sled eating his ultimate driving machine for brunch. i told him why. he smiled again and said, "nicely done. drive safe." and was off.

See less See more
#4 ·
the 325i puts down 184hp stock. properly tuned, it can be a pretty decent ride. not too hard to squeeze ponies out of them.

#5 ·
Originally posted by Zygote55@Feb 2 2006, 03:02 PM
btw - It's a good thing for you it wasn't a 330Ci
no doubt. 3L I6 massaged by dinan? ouch, my pride.

#6 ·
his car still drives smoother then all tC's...Nice kill I.E.G.

#7 ·
Nicely done. And I'm glad to hear he was humble enough to admit defeat. Pulling over and all is just icing on the cake.

D, besides the SC & Flywheel (needed to edit this post b/c i put pulley instead, maybe you do have one?), what else have you done to your car in terms of performance gains??

#10 ·
^^ well its for rich folks...If I had a lot of money I wouldnt mind paying the extra 20k...But since im a broke bum I'll have to keep paying $343 a month for my tC...

#11 ·
Originally posted by serith@Feb 2 2006, 09:42 PM
D, besides the SC & Flywheel (needed to edit this post b/c i put pulley instead, maybe you do have one?), what else have you done to your car in terms of performance gains??
thats it, unless you count the 4 million HP from my magnaflow exhaust. the rest has been suspension work (trd shocks/struts/goldline 2" springs/rear sway/front strut) and a twm s/s. and wheels/tires, of course.
s/c pulley and a new BPV are next, along with a wheel swap in about a week. and maybe new springs, because the goldlines are too soft.

#14 ·
It's semantics guys. They do exactly the same thing. Valve opens under vacuum to equalize pressure. Call it whatever you like, they all do the same thing.

#15 ·
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Feb 4 2006, 03:53 AM
^^ well its for rich folks...If I had a lot of money I wouldnt mind paying the extra 20k...But since im a broke bum I'll have to keep paying $343 a month for my tC...
Rich doesn't have to equal stupid. If I'm spending $35,000 instead of $17,000, I'd like to get something worthwhile.

#17 ·
stock BPV is virtually silent. the replacement BOV's are louder, though zoltiz is the guy to ask about how much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.