Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello... ! I'm Michael, 24 and i'm originally from Philly but i'll be relocated down to DC for work in about 2 weeks. So I needed a car and i've been eyein the tC ever since i saw the press releases at a toyota dealership. it was love at first sight!! i actually don't have my tC yet. I ordered it on Sept. 1 and it arrived at the dealer on Sept 29.. but the dealer needed a few days to send it to a 3rd party to get my leather installed and to put my other options in.

it's 5:30am right now.. i've spent a lot of time on this forum the past couple of days and i love it. I've learned a hell of a lot thanks to many of the informed members

I need to call my dealer tomorrow to get the VIN so i can take care of my insurance (btw i got State Farm for Virginia, full tort 50/100/50 @ $103/month) and hopefully he'll be kind enough to let me know that my tC is ready for pick up too.

there's a tC gathering in Philly next sunday... i think im gonna go.. supposed to be huge!!!...
should be fun... anyways.. hello all.
i'll definitely post pics of my tC soon.. even though i don't have many cool mods like everyone else

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Congrats, Michael! I'm sure you'll love your tC even more once you see it, sit in it, and drive it.
What color did you get?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS!!! i got silver streak mica, black leather, floor mats and wheel locks from the dealer... i plan on getting my windows tinted after i relocate and maybe the LED tail lights if they look nice and fog lights if i can find some nice lookin aftermarket ones..

seeing everyone's nice car makes me wanna do a lot more mods though... but money is an issue and i'm not a gearhead so i wouldn't trust myself to install anything too involved mechanically...

... i called my dealer today.. he said my car will be back from the leather shop today and then he needs to put it into service to get my wheel locks and security system put in (I THOUGHT IT SHOULD ALREADY HAVE IT IN THERE???).. so he said tomorrow unless they get it done early...
I'VE WAITED SO LONG!! IT'S SO CLOSE.. YET SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was thinking about getting leather.... now I really wish I would have... but then I would have had to wait 3 more days... Oh well, I can get it at any time....

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
welcome to the site!

hope you enjoy that tC.....

you know what would be really cool. Pictures of that tC in front of the jefferson mem. or something like that. I bet there are lots off great photo opps in DC.

m

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha... i wonder how many people i'd run over
drive onto the whitehouse lawn.. "yea don't mind me snipers.. i'm jus here to take a picture.. REALLY...don't worry!!!.... *bang*..
.."

ok maybe not the greatest idea but hey i'll be sure to take some pics
i can't wait to see the leather ... i saw pix of someone else's with leather and it looked great.. hope mine turns out the same..(OR BETTER!! muAaaHAHa!!)

thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome.. i hope to be continue being an active forum member... love this site.. keep the great info comin

oh BTW.. my dealer just called.. i have an appointment to pick up my tC tomorrow at 6pm!!! I'm so excited.. i doubt i'll be sleeping tonight
... good thing i dont have work or anything to do except pick up my car.. HAHa!
the joys of being an employed bum

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u know it.. i'm already dreading the wait.... maybe i'll just sleep all day and when i wake up it'll be time to go...??
sounds like a plan...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oi... all this time and only an hour has passed??
damn you sands of time!!!.. FALL FASTER!!!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
WELCOME TO A FELLOW TRANSPLANTED PHILADELPHIAN!!!!

Have fun....

13 days and counting!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha .. NICE.... GO EAGLES!!
good to know there are other eagles fans down in DC
REDSKINS = EWW... but i'm gettin my tC first
.. dont mean to rub it in...
i'll be down in DC in 14 days.. going down on the 16th...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Well, look on the bright side -- next year you guys will have a crappy baseball team that loses to the Braves 15 times a year! =)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
baseball..?? wait.. is that a sport??
oh wait.. is that the sport where you can take naps during the game? hehehe

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No, that's hockey...or soccer...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
u'd die if u napped during hockey and the fans from soccer would rape you after the game ... has to be baseball

jus messin with ya man
.. although i am still not a fan of baseball.. and if the phillies get whooped.... doesnt effect me at all
... cause we're gonna win the SUPER BOWL!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Actually, I like Atlanta's chances in both sports this year...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea.. u really should never come to philly with that attitude cause you'd get raped, mugged and then some
philly fans are BRUTAL!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yea. The Phillies did pretty well this year.
They were picked by pretty much everyone to win the division, but...hey, they didn't.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts