Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2008 Scion TC with the VVTI engine. The wiring harness going to my mass air flow sensor had been cut and spliced back together. I am having problems with a high idle with a mass air flow code. My air box is also very rigged into place. At the parts store if I get a new mass air flow sensor it does not match the one thats in my car. So does anybody have a 2008 scion TC with the VVTI engine that would be willing to send a pic of their air box and plug for the mass air flow sensor.

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
17 Posts
Hope the pics help?

New to the scion TC. Bought a salvaged/rebuilt 2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic.

The person we bought it from didn't disclose & let us know about the salvaged/rebuilt title. It's been in a wreck. Damages are on the front end/wheel passenger quarter that extends to some of the frame & door.

We even asked. Was told it was a clear title. Scion was sitting for 3 months, battery acid all over battery & on engine fuse box (no lid). Missing hoses, broken parts, maintenance history unknown.

Installed new front & rear calipers & brakes.

*New Valvoline Zerex Asian engine radiator Antifreeze/coolant. Full flush & refill.

*New Presone Dot 3 synthetic brake fluid. Full flush & refill.

*New Valvoline Max Life full synthetic ATF Dextron VI, Mercon LV, Dex/Merc fluid. Full flush & refill.

*Have new NGK laser iridium spark plugs (IFR6T11/ Stock # 4588) Not yet installed.

*Have new Valvoline Max Life full synthetic ATF Dextron VI, Mercon LV, Dex/Merc fluid. Not yet installed.

*Have new transmission filter. Not yet installed.

*Have new Valvoline Max Life 5W30 full synthetic engine oil. Not yet installed.

*Have new OEM/factory Toyota engine filter (90915-YZZF1). Not yet installed.

Fixing/repairing/refurbishing other parts. Dealing with cut up, missing frayed, broken wires & harnesses.

Hope the pics help.

Anthony

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would've replied sooner. Have been too busy with this Scion TC. Been chipping away at all it's problems (from previous owners) for the past month.

7 days a week, 8 hrs each day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope the pics help?

View attachment 7091 View attachment 7092 View attachment 7093 View attachment 7094

New to the scion TC. Bought a salvaged/rebuilt 2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic.

The person we bought it from didn't disclose & let us know about the salvaged/rebuilt title. It's been in a wreck. Damages are on the front end/wheel passenger quarter that extends to some of the frame & door.

We even asked. Was told it was a clear title. Scion was sitting for 3 months, battery acid all over battery & on engine fuse box (no lid). Missing hoses, broken parts, maintenance history unknown.

Installed new front & rear calipers & brakes.

*New Valvoline Zerex Asian engine radiator Antifreeze/coolant. Full flush & refill.

*New Presone Dot 3 synthetic brake fluid. Full flush & refill.

*New Valvoline Max Life full synthetic ATF Dextron VI, Mercon LV, Dex/Merc fluid. Full flush & refill.

*Have new NGK laser iridium spark plugs (IFR6T11/ Stock # 4588) Not yet installed.

*Have new Valvoline Max Life full synthetic ATF Dextron VI, Mercon LV, Dex/Merc fluid. Not yet installed.

*Have new transmission filter. Not yet installed.

*Have new Valvoline Max Life 5W30 full synthetic engine oil. Not yet installed.

*Have new OEM/factory Toyota engine filter (90915-YZZF1). Not yet installed.

Fixing/repairing/refurbishing other parts. Dealing with cut up, missing frayed, broken wires & harnesses.

Hope the pics help.

Anthony
Yes this helps a ton. looks like I have a different air box and mass air flow sensor. makes since for why it always has a mass air flow code and has a high idle.
Thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
No problem. Glad the pics helped.

On my Scion TC the engine air box hose/pipe goes into the driver front quarter panel & underneath (covered) by the fender well plastic.

Which will suck up any type of water/splashes upwards thrown by the front wheel & being sucked in.

That's why I've seen way too many Sciin TC owners install a CAI/SRi.

As for me, I'm gonna remove the extension that goes into the front quarter panel/fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts