Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed my transmission whines when accelerating. When I accelerate from a stop, the whining starts and gets higher pitched the faster I go. I know it's not the engine because it doesn't make that noise when I rev it in neutral. It's loudest in first but as I progress through gears it gets quieter. So in gear 6 it's very quiet but still there, not quiet as noticeable. It doesn't affect performance so I'm not too too worried yet. I have the TRD quick shifter, and everything else thing feels and sounds fine. What do you think it could be? Should I be worried? And how could I check the transmission fluid on this car? It's a 2016 tC, roughly 77k miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I've noticed my transmission whines when accelerating. When I accelerate from a stop, the whining starts and gets higher pitched the faster I go. I know it's not the engine because it doesn't make that noise when I rev it in neutral. It's loudest in first but as I progress through gears it gets quieter. So in gear 6 it's very quiet but still there, not quiet as noticeable. It doesn't affect performance so I'm not too too worried yet. I have the TRD quick shifter, and everything else thing feels and sounds fine. What do you think it could be? Should I be worried? And how could I check the transmission fluid on this car? It's a 2016 tC, roughly 77k miles.
Now the whine isn't ear piercing, it's noticeable if you listen. Most people wouldn't even notice it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts