Scion tC Forums banner

Manual Trans clutch question

4K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  menacin 
#1 ·
I am going to get my tC on saturday hopefully, I took it for a ride already. I've always driven manual trans cars. (1998 Chevy S10 w/ hydraulic clutch and a 1990 Volkswagen Fox w/ cable actuated clutch) When I took the tC out I realized that the clutch was sooooo freakin' easy to push to the floor (as compared to my other vehicles) and I just want to see if anyone else noticed that? Is it just because I've only driven a truck with a heavier clutch and an older car without hydro clutch?

Just wanna make sure, ya know.
Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
i have always had cable clutch cars, almost all hondas, anyway yes this clutch is super easy to push. im sure its because its hydro.

#5 ·
Wow, thanks for the fast replies. I'm new and I'm loving this place already. So many people have provided some great insight for me about this car.

Yeah, this will be my first BRAND NEW car. I can't wait!

#6 ·
Originally posted by Sciontist@Aug 19 2004, 07:04 PM
Wow, thanks for the fast replies. I'm new and I'm loving this place already. So many people have provided some great insight for me about this car.

Hey thats what we are here for! You picked one hell of a first new car....thats for sure!!!!! Please, feel free to keep posting your questions as we LOVE to answer them! - T

#7 ·
Originally posted by Sciontist@Aug 19 2004, 07:04 PM

This will be my first car also, and the people on this site made my decision very easy. This site rocks, and so do the people that contribute. "Keep on rockin in the free woooorld"!

#8 ·
love the easy throw and short throw of the clutch! Definitely bright on Toyota's part to have a clutch that won't build your calf muscles in the process of everyday driving.[/b]
I agree. Well done, Scion!
To change the subj. -Sciontist- your handle,I like it

As I was driving through the movie theater's parking lot today, two guys 20's maybe, walked around my car & then turned around and kept staring like they'd never seen one before! So funny!
I acted as if it was nothing...hee,hee.

#9 ·
This is my first car as well! Up till now my parrents have always made me buy my own cars (yeah i know boo-hoo, but you gotta understand I grew up in a small RICH town where everyone in my highschool got brand new cars for their 16th bday) My parrents believed that I would benifit from buying my own car rather then them giving everything to me.

I digress though, I couldn't be happier with this car! And like redwineallthetime says the fact that its so new and no one (at least in my area) else has one is great! It REALY turns heads! Yesterday I had 2 girls hit on me while i was pumpin my gass WITH my fience in the car!

Back on topic though I did notice that the clutch is almost too easy to push down. I have always driven stick cars and none have been this loose.. i am not sure if i like it or not yet. On the one hand its nice and smooth, on the other I'm very used to a stiff clutch and being able to push it down just till it catches or releases while shifting.

#15 ·
Yeah, I agree with Voltairecim. The tc has the right amount of resistance, and is so easy to drive. I've driven Fords T-bird SC, Mustang GT, Explorer, and Ranger and they're pretty stiff (hardest to weakest in the order listed). Also, I've driven a Saturn before (some coupe-dunno what model) and man that thing was light. The clutch and shifter felt like they were made of legos. I was afraid of breaking the car
The Celica GTS was nice- 6spd
. I know you guys are gonna hate me for saying this (especially in this forum), but the Acura RSX had it down perfect.

#16 ·
^^ your right on acuras having the clutch resistance right (check sig) but i almost want to say that minie is actually harder to push. my after driving my 300ZX, then going to the TC, it seems SOOOOO much harder. i can press with my toes on my Z, and i love it. my calfs definately get a work out with in the TC in traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.