Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only driven beater cars, so other than changing the oil, I waited until the mechanic told me I needed to change the tranny fluid or coolant instead of doing it at a set mileage or time period.

I looked through the manuals and did search of the forums, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

Is there a set mileage for changing the tranny fluid (automatic transmission). What about the fuel filter and coolant (I think the manual had this for the coolant, but I wanted to make sure)? Anything else I need to worry about changing?

And a little off topic, do we change the wiper blades every 3 months? And what's a good brand of wipers?

Thanks.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
There's almost nothing to do but change the oil and air filters. There is no recommended transmission fluid change interval. No recommended change for the fuel filter either.

Wiper blades are at your choice. The best thing to do is buy the insert from the dealer. That way all you change is the rubber part that needs to be changed, not a bunch of other stuff that just ends up in the trash for no good reason. They're pretty cheap too. Rain-X says every 6 months. I change them once a year, but it only rains here for half the year, and I run Rain-X so I hardly ever even use the wipers.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I change my wipers as soon as I notice that their performance is starting to degrade. Usually 9 months or so here in Tampa.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
AT or MT?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
MT 20k

AT 60k

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
A note on wiper blades.....I bought the Bosch teflon dealies for my cadillac 3 years ago and they lasted and worked like new until I traded the car in on the Scion. I used them through harsh icy winters even, a great buy for $25 a blade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.